Pulsar Trail XQ50 and XP50

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes, it has a way better image than I expected. Upgrading from the Apex line I feel I have a way more clear, more 3 dimensional looking view of the animal's surroundings. I am extremely impressed with all the new features in addition to how compact and lightweight it is. I don't wish for the xp at all because I have always preferred to engage targets at around 3x. The image at that magnification is very similar between the two. I can't imagine how sweet a 3x native 640 trail would look!

Jake are you pretty happy with your purchase? Do you wish you would have gone with the XP50?

I thought about going to the Trijicon 2.5x to get a little higher mag instead of the XP50. But at this point I don’t have any equipment and if I save money on the thermal I can grab a pvs 14 and a scanner much sooner and have all 3. If I go with the Trijicon it will be a year and a half down the road before I have all 3. The 1.6 native is the biggest thing holding me back from the XP50. My LONGEST shots will be 300, my avg shots will be 100 to 200 (coyote). I think I am going to have to rent some stuff to really find out.... but $200 a rental adds up if you want to try 3 units.... I guess it’s money well spent if you make the right choice afterwards.

EZToForget

The new flir models might be what you're looking for.

Where are you located? If you were anywhere close to me (which is doubtful) I'd let you look through my IR Hunter. Maybe someone is close enough to offer the same.

I think you mentioned you may pass through my area from time to time on you way to Columbus. I’m in cincy/Dayton. If you do, let me know. I’d definitely like to look through it.

EZToForget

Yes, it has a way better image than I expected. Upgrading from the Apex line I feel I have a way more clear, more 3 dimensional looking view of the animal's surroundings. I am extremely impressed with all the new features in addition to how compact and lightweight it is. I don't wish for the xp at all because I have always preferred to engage targets at around 3x. The image at that magnification is very similar between the two. I can't imagine how sweet a 3x native 640 trail would look!

Thanks. I am heavily thinking of the XQ50. You aren’t the first person to tell me this. Some comparisons between the xp38 and xq38 suggest similar between those. I think I am going to rent an xq50. If I’m happy with it i’ll Buy, if not I think i’ll Save a little longer and go ir hunter so I can utilize a little higher native mag at a higher res.

@Whosure what did you decide?

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
XQ50....modern processor and video at the price I wanted.....It is on layaway so, I might change it to the XQ38...I saw a post by TEXASLAWMAN saying that if you do not shoot 200 plus alot than the 38 will do just fine since the main benefit of the 50 was the additional FOV. So regardless, I will go iwth the XQ model. Thanks for asking.
http://lonestarboars.com/members/texaslawman.9/

ballistic1

While I found the numbers interesting in the stack up comparsion..

One thing still remains a fact. A Trail XP50 still produces a 640 image whilst
the XQ cannot. While the 384 res from Pulsar is decent, it is not in same
league as 640 res

I have made lots of shots on 1.6x. I actually make all my shots
this way. Sometimes I turn on PIP, sometimes not.

My point here is.. with the XP50 Trail, you are paying for privelge to scan,
observe and make shots utilizing the 640 res.

You will know where that extra money went when you look at a coyote thru
640 res vs 384/ 320 res.. to me, it was absolutely worth it.

Yes I would like more native base mag at times.. but for now I am very
pleased I got the Xp50.