Pulsar to video

Rookie

LSB Member
I can't figure out how to get video from my digisight to my phone or computer. I get it to my phone and the video is blank. I get it to my computer, email it to my phone, and same problem.

Is there a program I should be using to make this more idiot proof?

jglass

LSB Member
I have a Pulsar XQ38. I use the cable included with the scope and connect to the USB port on the computer. The scope will ask
a question something like "For Power" or "For video transfer ". Select video transfer. next go to "my computer" and find the Pulsar scope listed. Click on Pulsar to go inside the scope. There are a couple of selections then you come to all the video and picture files. I copy them all to "MY Documents". Go back to the files listed in the scope and delete the files inside the scope particularly the videos because they are the largest files.

Go back to "my documents" and you should be able to open and view all the videos and pictures downloaded from the scope. If the video and picture files don't open, copy them to a thumb drive or flash drive and try to open them on a different computer because they should open. You can also email the pictures to yourself and view them on another computer or Iphone. Very important to remain cool and calm. Don't hesitate to contact the kids or grandchildren because they grew up with computers.

I'm still trying to figure out how to trim and slice my videos. I have Windows movie maker but after several hours have yet to figure it out.

It is possible to transfer the files to your phone using the charger cable. Connect to the computer via the USB port. Go to "My Computer" and find your telephone listed. Click on the telephone listed and locate where pictures files are stored. Then copy pictures from the computer and paste to your phone. An easier way is to email the pictures to yourself from the computer. Use the phone to open the email. There is a way to store the pictures to your phone. Again, ask one of the kids for help, they do this all the time. If you are desparate for help ask your wife or significant other for assistance. Women seem to be a natural with this computer stuff.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

Rookie

LSB Member
It took awhile, but I figured out how to get them from the scope to the computer. Now, I need something to edit the videos.

As for asking my wife, lol, she has a hard time figuring out what the power button does!

jglass

LSB Member
Glad you're making progress. It just takes a little time and determination. Once you have things figured out we wonder what the challenge was.

If you figure out how to edit videos let me know. I ended up making printable videos during the hunt. Pulsar has a way to pause a recording and restart the recording. What I do is start the recording then pause until I'm ready to take the shot then restart the recording. The challenge is remembering to stop the recording after you make the kill. When I have a hog down the video recorder is the last thing on my mind and the recording continues.

Editing software would be great to have but needs to be cheap or better yet FREE.