Powered By Silencer Shop and Buy It Local

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
"two weeks".... famous last words in the gun industry. I don't understand what will cause the extra two weeks? Are we just talking about the form 3? That doesn't really change from my prospective being out of state.

What has changed? My last two silencers came from SS and they were shipped directly to my local dealer in Mississippi.

I noticed that same dealer doesn't show up on a sample order I just attempted. Wonder what my local dealer has to do to get on the preferred sales option?

Also, does anyone happen to know if me as the end customer will still get email with serial number right away like before?

Thanks.
For out of state customers nothing has changed if you were using Silencer Shop Direct, except that you don't have to pay a transfer fee now.
You will still get the same emails as before. If you don't see an FFL listed then uncheck the box that shows only powered by dealers. If you still don't see them listed then we cannot ship to them.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So basically there is little change out of TX ?

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Correct. You will no longer be able to have Silencer Shop ship the suppressor to your door or allow you to pick it up. They are essentially becoming a distributer and are cutting off retail sales of suppressors.

For out of state customers this is pretty good, but for those of us in Texas this is a straight kick in the balls. They say they will submit the form 4 two weeks after submitting the form 3. So they do not wait until the form 3 is approved, but if its one thing the ATF is good at it is changing their mind and they could put the hammer down on this practice at any time.

What sucks the most is that Silencer Shop was the only good NFA dealer I had done business with. I used a few before giving them my business and the others are just horrible. With this new model I know have to deal with these "horrible" dealers.
Texas customers were the most affected by the change. However with our success in handling orders across the country we are confidant that we can still deliver great service to Texas under the new model.

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yea, I now have a sick feeling in the gut. I have been on their waiting list for a thunder beast titanium and I guess I will have to start over with a dealer I can trust. I don't even know I still have a place in the waiting line. Their web site says its in stock but if you try to buy it, it says you can get on the waiting list. Sucks to loose a dealer we could trust.
You can still buy from us the only difference is that we ship it to an FFL near you. Everything else is the same. We still have a waitlist for out of stock items, we still answer questions about silencers.

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You still kinda sorta buy it from Silencer Shop. They (Silencer Shop) will handle all the paper work and the silencer will be available at your "local dealer". The dealers are essentially selling the silencer from Silencer Shops inventory. Hopefully I am not confusion folks.

The issue for you, as you are in Texas, is the form 3 and having to deal with a second dealer when you never had to do so before.

Until the Silencer Shop Rep checks in here....For the best information check out Silencer Shops forum on ARFcom. They answered a bunch of questions on there. Lots of unhappy Texans
You pretty much nailed it. Everything is the same but now you pick up from a local FFL.

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So basically there is little change out of TX ?
Correct, if you were purchasing a tax stamp and the silencer from us before then you will see no change.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good deal Jeremy, thanks for confirming what we have been talking about.

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter