Powered By Silencer Shop and Buy It Local

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Silencer Shop has made some changes to the way that customers purchase from us. If you are familiar with the Silencer Shop Direct program, then you’ll see the changes are small.

Here’s how it works:
When you are logged in to the website and look at a silencer, you will find a drop down box listing the FFL’s near you. If you don’t see a specific FFL listed in your area, click the check box to un-check the "Powered By" box. If you still don't see the FFL that you are looking for we cannot send it to them.
Beside each FFL in the drop box will be a rating, distance to you and the price. Different FFL's will have different prices. If you select an FFL that has the “Powered By” logo under their name, then you can purchase a tax stamp from Silencer Shop and we will handle all of the paperwork for you.

The transaction would look like this:
1.Purchase the suppressor directly from our website or over the phone.
2.Pay the $200 NFA tax. Most people just add this to the initial order; however, it can be purchased later if you prefer. A credit or debit card works just fine for paying the tax. (Remember that we can’t start your Form 4 transfer until you purchase the tax stamp.)
3.We’ll email you instructions on how to provide us with a copy of your trust (typically email or fax works best). If you’re registering using a corporation, we only need the legal name.

That’s it! We’ll take care of getting everything reviewed and submitted right away.

If you select and FFL that does not have the “Powered By” logo, then we will send the silencer to the FFL you select and you will complete the paperwork with them. These FFL’s are called “Buy-It-Local” FFL’s.

The advantage of these changes in how you buy silencers is that you are no longer paying a transfer fee, Silencer Shop will still handle your paperwork if you select a “Powered By” FFL, and you are supporting the local shops in your area.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Does this mean that we no longer have the option to purchase directly from your shop and pick up from you?

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Does this mean that we no longer have the option to purchase directly from your shop and pick up from you?

From what I have gathered on arfcom. Direct ss pickup is no longer an option. What we do now is choose a listed SOT on the provided list and the can is shipped there. SS files the form3 for transfer to SOT and SS files the form 4, although we still need to complete the 4473 at the SOT.

Apparently this will only add 2 weeks wait time due to form 3 paperwork.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep, sorry to see the direct relationship w SS stop.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That sucks if that is the way we have to deal now. I understand the idea of trying to help support local gun shops, but some them don't deserve to be supported. Silencer shop built a reputation on great customer support, now we won't have that direct link. Makes me wonder if the silencer I have been waiting for months on is even in my future.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I know what you mean chopper. I prefer all my NFA purchases to be with a single dealer. Closest dealer around me is some shop in baytown I have never heard of before and from the looks of their website they are one of those by appt only.

http://www.esggunworks.com

Even if my preferred dealer shows up on the list I am still gonna think twice about it, since there would be two NFA forms and two businesses tied to my transaction. I know SS is guaranteeing that it will be smooth as silk and only add 2 weeks to wait times. I am skeptical since the NFA branch isn't known for their awesome service and now there is some other dealer I have zero experience with that I am force to deal with.

Sounds good on paper but don't think it will go as planned. Hope for the best for SS, never wish failure to any business especially one that has been so good with CS like SS.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
"two weeks".... famous last words in the gun industry. I don't understand what will cause the extra two weeks? Are we just talking about the form 3? That doesn't really change from my prospective being out of state.

What has changed? My last two silencers came from SS and they were shipped directly to my local dealer in Mississippi.

I noticed that same dealer doesn't show up on a sample order I just attempted. Wonder what my local dealer has to do to get on the preferred sales option?

Also, does anyone happen to know if me as the end customer will still get email with serial number right away like before?

Thanks.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think this will help out of state buying the most since there was already a form 3 involved. I would think SS wants as many dealers in their network as possible if they are going to distributor status.

Whom this effects the most is in state buyers. Now we have a form 3 attached to our transaction. They claim 2 weeks we will see if this holds true. I personally don't like two form attached to my transaction.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hopefully Jeremy will chime in and make sure we understand what this actually means to us. I was planning on ordering my first can next week. Silencer shop trust was very easy, though.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB

Correct. You will no longer be able to have Silencer Shop ship the suppressor to your door or allow you to pick it up. They are essentially becoming a distributer and are cutting off retail sales of suppressors.

For out of state customers this is pretty good, but for those of us in Texas this is a straight kick in the balls. They say they will submit the form 4 two weeks after submitting the form 3. So they do not wait until the form 3 is approved, but if its one thing the ATF is good at it is changing their mind and they could put the hammer down on this practice at any time.

What sucks the most is that Silencer Shop was the only good NFA dealer I had done business with. I used a few before giving them my business and the others are just horrible. With this new model I know have to deal with these "horrible" dealers.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Correct. You will no longer be able to have Silencer Shop ship the suppressor to your door

Oh my!! Didn't even consider that as a possibility. Living in the same state they could've shipped it to you just like mail order ammunition.

That does hurt. Sorry

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yea, I now have a sick feeling in the gut. I have been on their waiting list for a thunder beast titanium and I guess I will have to start over with a dealer I can trust. I don't even know I still have a place in the waiting line. Their web site says its in stock but if you try to buy it, it says you can get on the waiting list. Sucks to loose a dealer we could trust.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yea, I now have a sick feeling in the gut. I have been on their waiting list for a thunder beast titanium and I guess I will have to start over with a dealer I can trust. I don't even know I still have a place in the waiting line. Their web site says its in stock but if you try to buy it, it says you can get on the waiting list. Sucks to loose a dealer we could trust.

You still kinda sorta buy it from Silencer Shop. They (Silencer Shop) will handle all the paper work and the silencer will be available at your "local dealer". The dealers are essentially selling the silencer from Silencer Shops inventory. Hopefully I am not confusion folks.

The issue for you, as you are in Texas, is the form 3 and having to deal with a second dealer when you never had to do so before.

Until the Silencer Shop Rep checks in here....For the best information check out Silencer Shops forum on ARFcom. They answered a bunch of questions on there. Lots of unhappy Texans

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Think of it as dropped shipped, but for suppressors.

dhwave

Damn I live 3 miles from their store and it looks like that is no longer a possibility... is that correct?

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Damn I live 3 miles from their store and it looks like that is no longer a possibility... is that correct?
Not buying direct from their storefront, now it is routed through their network of dealers. I think most in your area are using capitol armory as their powered by dealer.

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sorry for the late response, as you can imagine I've been slammed.

You can purchase from us but you would pick up at another FFL.

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
From what I have gathered on arfcom. Direct ss pickup is no longer an option. What we do now is choose a listed SOT on the provided list and the can is shipped there. SS files the form3 for transfer to SOT and SS files the form 4, although we still need to complete the 4473 at the SOT.

Apparently this will only add 2 weeks wait time due to form 3 paperwork.
Correct