Pistol Buffer Tubes

Simple Man

LSB Member
Vendor
I'm getting ready to place an order for some of Bisons 11.5 ,68BSP Barrels. One for testing and one for a clients upper build. For my personal test lower I'm looking for a buffer tube that is reliable. I have done no research on them so I was hoping you guys would chime in.RD? Any thoughts on what your running on the venerable Bison Chip? Thanks in advance, Rick

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i am starting 2 pistol builds, would have been one but everyone around here have now forced me into a second. thanks guys. i am ordering a phase 5 tactical pistol buffer tube for my 30HRT. my friend has been using one on his HRT and has hundreds of rounds through it with no problems. im not sure what im going to get for the 6.8 pistol but im leaning towards a PWS buffer tube or maybe a spikes tactical. i hear good things

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Mine is a phase5 and a standard spring and buffer, tried a heavy buffer but would nor cycle as well. Let me tell you with any of the what I call "limp wristing" will not allow the action to cycle, you really need to put pressure on them so a forward angled grip was needed for mine. Now mine cycles and holds open on the last rd except with the 90 GD will not hold open 50% of the time.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Your not suppressed right Frank? I would think a suppressor will add the pressure needed.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
no I am not suppressed.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Rick, mine is the 8.5" like RD. Great barrel, very accurate and sighted in w the new Federal 90GD, but the SSA Barnes 110TSX and the Hornady 120SST and the federal 115 Fusion are all hitting close to the same POI

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
a couple pistols of mine:

147857761.jpg

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dave,

Very nice pistols.

The suppressor will provide the necessary back pressure. I went to a rifle length tube and a heavier spring and buffer when I went to my suppressor, as it was beating the bolt badly. I caaled the chief tech support at LWRCI as that is the make and Rodney said to send it in and he would take care of it. He made the adjustments and it is much better.

Mine is sighted with the 95 grain TTSX, and the others mentioned above. I use a CQB laser-no sights. POI is not noticeable, between the rounds. Truthfully, I never use it as I have a SBR that is fantastic.

If anyone wants the pistol then let me know. 1700$ and the CQB stays with me.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Bison Chip has the Spike's Tactical pistol buffer kit. It comes with their ST-T2 buffer. Mine function tested just fine the one and only time I've had it out. I need some trigger time.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm ordering the Phase5 but getting a JP Enterprise Spring and Tube.