Piglet & Shoat Sounder

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Turned out well enough, but it was a long night. What we thought were piglets and the few remaining adults from the area turned out to be piglets and shoats. We managed to kill 2 out of the 3 shoats, neither of which showed signs of having nursed.

Our efforts and opportunities to hunt this property will run out at the end of the month when the deer hunters start to show up and prepare for deer season. However, we will have accomplished much of what we set out to do, ridding the property of as many hogs as we could. That our targets are getting smaller and smaller is a nice testament to the success of the endeavor, for now. The landowner has traps out in hopes of catching the uneducated piglets, especially now that the smarter adults are gone.

There are a couple of medium-sized boars still hanging around and maybe we will get a chance at them before they mate with any remaining shoats.

With a little luck, I will get called back when they plant their oats again!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
hey those were great eating size, you missed a few great meals there.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hard not to just open fire on the mass indiscriminately (for many), good discipline there. Loved the running shot too, a good nose plant and tumble is always welcome. Good luck on the hopes of future return hunting.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Another fun hunt to watch. Love the bucks in the beginning and the doe that walked right in front of you. Another hog gets the ping!. The running shot was also excellent.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I kept on saying SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT!!!! You guys are killin me!!!:) You still have a fine gaggle of pork there!! Nice going guys. Love it!!! BANG BANG!!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job Brian. Hate finding new spots to hunt but I go through that all the time too. Hope you find an even better spot!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
That'll work. Hopefully the land owner can catch and dispatch more of that group.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow watching th TX hog hunter makes me think I could live in TX again. I would get used to the heat and humidity hum bugs snakes and the best part killing hog most weekends!
Might have to retire to TX

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hope you guys get called back to the property. I know good spots are hard to find, but the owner knows you respect him and the property, so there's a good chance it will happen. Prayers for the best. SlayerBeal needs a place to practice her skills.

Galveston340

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job Brian. You and the Hessian did a darn good job for that landowner.