Peppy #4

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Caught another skunk sneaking around the hen house, set a dog-proof coon trap with some cat food.
Time stamps on game cam are all messed up.v 001.JPG v 003.JPG skunky.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got'chu a fox creepin' 'round as well, I see.

D

djones

guess he out foxed you... bwaahahaha lololol
ok maybe that wasn't as funny as i thought

JPK

LSB Active Member
Keeping your chickens healthy could be a full time job with as many critters trying to get them as you have... Coyote, fox, skunks...

JPK

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great! Always best to dispatch those stinkers just as far from the house as possible.....

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great! Always best to dispatch those stinkers just as far from the house as possible.....
Walked out on the back porch in my undies, turned on the flashlight I have on a Ruger 10/22, confirmed ...caught him. 1 shot and back in the house until it got light out. Not much adventure but he is dead. lol

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I never could kill them without them spraying. I preferred to trap them live and take them far from the house to dispatch them.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What I want to know is how you managed to get his paw out without getting the stink on ya?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They spray a bit when shot but not like a big healthy shot.....rubber boots and a shovel did the job today. Worst part is I reset it this afternoon and the stink is on the trap and on everything I touched after that for a while.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They spray a bit when shot but not like a big healthy shot.....rubber boots and a shovel did the job today. Worst part is I reset it this afternoon and the stink is on the trap and on everything I touched after that for a while.

I think I would have left the trap on him and tossed it on a fire.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I give credit to anyone who can handle them, dead or alive! I've been down wind when a skunk sprayed some hog dogs. I almost died after that!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I used to live trap them and move them in the trap without them spraying. Then I let them loose till they got well away from me and the trap before I killed them. It worked pretty well till one day my daughter tried it and got too close to the opening while trying to release it. Yep......she got sprayed right in the face. I guess that just got her prepared for her current career. She now runs the animal control unit in Breckenridge and has to take care of skunks on a regular basis.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a friend that caught a bunch of babies...mama got hit by a car. They took them home and decided to keep a female and sell the others. So he starts flipping them over to check for sex on them....about 2 or 3 later one shoots him right in the face and mouth....he was on his knees puking and hollering to his wife for help. Couldn't see, kept throwing up...it was rough. LOL He says to this day when he smells one hit on the road it is all he can do to not lose his lunch!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
What you smell going down the road is nothing like getting a direct hit or even a near miss. Unless you experience it you can't even explain it.