Pecans are Falling

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The pecans and acorns have started to drop. This means good things are coming.

To be continued..... :)

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
In my area the pecans have not started to drop quite yet. Not a good crop of acorns this year either. Fewer acorns means the deer will come out onto the plots more. Should be a great year.

I planted this past Tues. and today the seed was popping through. That is about the fastest that I have ever seen the germination. --- pruhdlr

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You sure now how to talk dirty to me.;)

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now until December usually means that the hogs will no longer come to the feeders at my places and live inside the woods. Of course, I haven't had hogs at my place in over a month. :-(

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Alex I sure hope some are left in Jan. I am so excited to be a TX hog killer. Lol

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
When the pecans fall the big boys start cruising!

240 pound lone boar taken at 45 yards with a 7.62x39 AR15 with Eotech and pvs 14

190 pound lone boar taken at roughly 100 yards with a NVEC Vital II IR laser and helmet mounted pvs 14 using a 6.8 rifle

Both of these boars were what has been described to me as a "cruiser". Both were alone, torn up, had decent size cutters, and never stopped walking. We had to use the truck and speed walk to cut their path off and get a shot.

We saw a sounder of about 30, but they didn't cross over to our side of the fence. Hog killing will continue to improve as the pecan crop and temps keep dropping. The first week we have daytime highs below 50 and lows in the 30s is when things will explode! I know I'm looking forward to it!!!!

Rob,

There will be plenty left. As long as there are sows there will continue to be hogs.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was what I would consider a GREAT night for that shooter!!

I still think that really big boar is out there!!!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
When the pecans fall the big boys start cruising!

240 pound lone boar taken at 45 yards with a 7.62x39 AR15 with Eotech and pvs 14

190 pound lone boar taken at roughly 100 yards with a NVEC Vital II IR laser and helmet mounted pvs 14 using a 6.8 rifle

Both of these boars were what has been described to me as a "cruiser". Both were alone, torn up, had decent size cutters, and never stopped walking. We had to use the truck and speed walk to cut their path off and get a shot.

We saw a sounder of about 30, but they didn't cross over to our side of the fence. Hog killing will continue to improve as the pecan crop and temps keep dropping. The first week we have daytime highs below 50 and lows in the 30s is when things will explode! I know I'm looking forward to it!!!!

Rob,

There will be plenty left. As long as there are sows there will continue to be hogs.
Yep save some big ones for me! Can't wait

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Skunk pig with that black stripe. Nice work

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I really liked that pigs "Mohawk" as my wife put it. We brushed it up as tall as it would go for the photo.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I really liked that pigs "Mohawk" as my wife put it. We brushed it up as tall as it would go for the photo.

That much better than the barbie dolls hair you where brushing the other day.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You gotta make em loomk good for the photo. That's a picture Tim is going to look at for the rest of his life. Yes, I try to even make hogs look good for a photo.

Rob,
No shortage of hogs around these parts. The good part of the year is barely starting. We haven't even had the first freeze yet. When we have a week of days with highs 50 or below things will get even better. Temps are still in the 80s.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hi was 67 here today the weather gets better in the 70s starting tomorrow.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep save some big ones for me! Can't wait
Nope, I've already got dibs on that one... he needs to continue to fatten up waiting for me. LOL

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Its 53 degs and raining today. Landowner said he had 75 hogs near his barn this morning at 0730. Hogs are on the move!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You guys are killing all we have on the move is deer and it is not rifle season for hum 3 weeks maybe.