Patching holes in plastic barrel

LSB Active Member
Gonna retrofit a few of our 15g plastic barrels from deer feeders to roll barrels. Tried taping milk carton to inside that didn't hold. Someone here will have a great idea on how we can seal up the bottom of the barrel it's about a 4" hole for a Moultrie feeder. Thanks brainiacs! We are going to find a way to lure these hogs out from the woods with and overdose of corn and juices and kool aid powders and whatever funk we can find so they can't resist and throw caution to the wind! Maddening how these buggers won't come out to play!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
When the coons opened the hole on ours, I made a patch with a piece of scrap metal roofing. Metal flashing would work just as well. I attached it with 6 self drilling screws then re-drilled the hole to the right size. That has held up for over a year now.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Chopper nailed it.
I repair my roll barrels where the coons have chewed/enlarged the holes drilled to drop corn when rolled.
Metal flashing makes the barrel like new again - and no more chewing the plastic !

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I use the heavy vinyl like a pool liner and use quickset glue..if I have none I clean the barrel and use gorilla duct tape, works great

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A piece of plastic bucket/lid... rivet it to the area around the repair.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I was going to say pop rivets, but sheet metal screws would probably work for quite a while.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Those dam coons will screw up everything they can get their hands on.

I hate ‘em.

A little late to the party, but I’m going to go with flashing.