pan/tilt thermal

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
how many of you guys run pan tilt thermal units homemade or store bought. show your pics or video.

I do.

I love mine. Golight housing with Flir 640/19mm Vue drone camera attached to a quarter inch thick piece of plexiglass that fits where the lightbulb used to be.

I have an expensive eight or 10 inch LED monitor that sits or rather wedges between my dashboard and windshield, remote control while driving and can scan large areas quickly.

I’ll get a picture of it in a little while and I’m sure I’ve got some YouTube links I can include.

Last edited:

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
75B42682-DC78-47E2-9FA6-04DEFAE99FBF.jpeg 7948C986-7454-4017-A8FE-C2841C865F2B.jpeg Here’s some pics of the setup

I just discovered right now that the hood on my new truck is not made of steel. Sheeze. Firberglass. Hahahahaha.

Also, the two pole connector that I’m holding is hardwired into the fuse panel on the left side of my dash so that it has constant power to the golight housing regardless on whether the ignition his old or not. I am providing power to the LED monitor vis a 12 volt AC power inverter, which also provides enough juice to run the flir camera itself via the USB connector on the bottom of the LED monitor.

You may see for screws around the perimeter of the go light where the lightbulb used to be? I removed those four screws, removed the old lightbulb, cut to fit a quarter inch piece of plexiglass and bore a hole the same diameter as the lens of the camera, then I fished the USB cable that came with the camera through the bottom of the golight housing and have it all buttoned back up in a fairly neat package.

52EB844B-9329-451A-BF0E-E11A11A2B78A.jpeg EB7B7C61-6C53-4671-85B2-2A4585B5D68A.jpeg

Hope this is helpful.

Here’s a video of some hogs about 500 yards away filmed with internal memory of the flir Vue camera.

In this video I somehow selected time lapse photography instead of video when I pressed record and it looks like I’m doing some sort of spacewalk stealth approach to these hogs which would be really great if you could do this in real life. Haha

Last edited: