LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah, does it have a wide beam or a long throw? Pretty good deal
The packaging sure has some fuzzy looking text. LOL

Harris hawker

LSB Member
The packaging sure has some fuzzy looking text. LOL
That was me taking a picture while running around Costco like a 5 year old that just got his favorite candy bar!

Frank,
It has an adjustable zoom so it goes from flood to square narrow beam.
The narrow beam is pic.
It has low, high and strobe settings.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 8

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like a nice pocket unit to have around.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
hey for the price, why not..I think my around the house light is 3800 lumen though...LOL

Harris hawker

LSB Member
hey for the price, why not..I think my around the house light is 3800 lumen though...LOL
Man, your house must be DARK!!
Lol.
This was an absolute impulse buy.
Wasn't looking for a 500 lumen flashlight at Costco.
So I was walking around hunched over cause someone used starch in my pants, if you know what I mean!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I wonder if you can use an 18650 battery in them?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I wonder if you can use an 18650 battery in them?
Those look to be CR123 batteries... aren't they the same size/voltage rating?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah some lights you can interchange, not sure if 2 or 3 of the 123's are the same as an 18650

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
2 cr123 batts is the same as 1 18650. I have a couple of Chinese IR lights that running on 2 123 batts. I use rechargeable 18650 batts in them to save $.

Good find for the price. Heck, the cr123 batts that come in the package almost cost $25.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The lumen output of the more powerful lights have no standard I do believe. IOW,what a 1000L means to one company it does not mean to another company. I also do not believe that there is any industry standard or enforcement in regards to stated output.

I find that some of the adjustable output(hi/med/low/strobe/SOS)lights are simply a PITA. Especially the ones that I use for non-hunting purposes. My hunting/backpack lights all do have a adjustable output feature. There are some instances that I really do not need the light to put out full power. However all my hunting lights are of the >2000L variety.

I have a firm belief that when you need light to find something,you need the brightest light that is reasonably portable. To light up a trail,to find the smallest evidence of blood,broken weeds,or an animal track,you need light. The brightest and whitest possible.

As of now,the only device that I own that uses the CR123 type batts is my thermal. It uses three,and will last for an "honest" 6.5 hours even when I use the "refresh" feature fairly often. --- pruhdlr