Night Optics Panther 336

Wayne

LSB Member
I've noticed that the Night Optics Panther 336 is a good bit more expensive than the same resolution scopes by Armasight and Pulsar..is it a better quality scope or just has a higher price point..anyone with any experience with this scope?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It is a 17 micron 336x256 resolution 50mm scope, 3.5x base magnification. I don't know what it would be doing so well that could make it cost roughly double what others offer scopes with the same specs for.

I don't think anyone wants to buy one because they have priced themselves out of the market.

Wayne

LSB Member
Sounds like the 3.5 native magnification is all it has going for it above the other scopes.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So the NO Panther 336 is $6200.

Even then, the native mag is not substantially more than a 336 Zeus 3-12x50 17 micron that is about $3800 (MAP)
A Pulsar Apex XQ50 is 384x288 resolution (more) 2.7-10-8x42 (less) 17 micron that is $2800
A Pulsar Trail XQ50 (c.f. with Apex on specs, but many more features) is $3800
Armasight Zeus 640 3-12x75 (ALL MUCH BETTER) 17 micron is about $6500

So the Panther isn't going to be any sort of cost effective bargain for getting 3.5x @ 336 resolution.

Think of it this way, you could buy a Pulsar Apex XQ50 and a reasonable thermal spotter (or another Apex that could be used as a spotter or put on a 2nd gun) for the cost of the Panther.