New Years Eve Hog hunt

jglass

LSB Member
New Years Eve dinner was history by 4:00 pm, the old geezers in Florida always eat early. The big party didn't start until 8:00 pm. Just enough time to squeeze in a little hog hunt. I never know what to expect but the trail camera has photographed a sow with 6 piglets and a couple of adolescent size hogs so I sat in the blind waiting to see if they show up. About the time it was almost completely dark I'm panning the area with the thermo imaging scope. Suddenly I can see a heard of hogs running to the bait pile, 6:00 pm. Must have been 10 or 12 piglets, the sow, and at least one adolescent size hog. I flip off the safety on my 300 Blackout and concentrate on killing at least two hogs in the heard. So, I pull the trigger on the adolescent size hog then to a piglet, I could hear a wounded hog squealing so I know one is hit, I try a third shot on a running piglet. When it is over the adolescent hog lay motionless, the piglet is still squealing and trying to escape. Another shot and the piglet is motionless and quiet. It happened so fast I never thought to take pictures through the scope.
Pulsar XQ38 Trail

I gave the hogs to some local rednecks and get ready for the new eve party.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice job!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dead pigs in the back of an suv...good way to finish the year.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
A good finish to 2017!

Hope your luck continues in the new year.

jglass

LSB Member
The amazing wild hog. Checked my trail camera just now. 6:03 pm Piglets in low left corner ready for a corn buffet unsuspecting the ambush, I'm only 25-30 feet away. Kinda cute aren't they.

Twenty five minutes latter look what show up. This is about the time I returned to pick up the dead hogs. I checked with my thermo scope and thought I saw a hog but assumed it was the dead hog. Notice the dead hog at the bottom of the picture. Didn't think a hog would show up right after a shooting.

This will most likely be my next hog kill, the dumb one's go first: