New Upper Build

bar-d

Head Wrangler, Chief Manure Manager: Bar-D Cattle
A couple of weeks ago I couldn't sleep, again, and was perusing the innerweb and ran across a 7.62x39 upper build kit from Davidson Defense for $134.99. The barrel is a U.S.A. made 1:10 twist heavy profile. DPMS upper receiver parts and a KAK muzzle device. It came with a 13.5" slim profile M-Lok handguard. Being groggy and not inclined to pass up a challenge, I ordered the kit and added an enhanced Toolcraft bcg . I assembled it after church yesterday, pinned it on the lower I have been using for my RF 7.62x39 and mounted a Leupold 3x9 scope. I don't yet know how it is going to shoot but I will only fire brass case factory or handload ammo in it to give it the opportunity to do it's best. Worst case scenario, I have a new gun room doorstop.
76239.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job. Lookin' forward to hearin' how it shoots.

bar-d

Head Wrangler, Chief Manure Manager: Bar-D Cattle
Yeah, me too. My days are pretty well taken up by trying to get my SA-200 Lincoln put back together. It's in about 40 pieces in the shop right now and every time I get something fixed, I find something else I better fix while I got it apart. I will shoot this new upper as soon as I can.