New toy I doubt I can use it to hunt hogs though

firemedic2000

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I always wanted an MP5SD but screw the money they wanted for them. The reason is kind of personal. I use to carry one in my old job years ago in the Army.

So I saw this SIG MPX 9mm one day and thought OK lets see. After I was done with it. It felt and handled pretty close to an MP5SD with a binary trigger in it. If it had a side charging handle it'd be perfect.

I plan on SBRing it. But the pistol pull out brace does look and operate just like the regular stock and yes under the new ruling you can shoulder it. So let not get into a decussion on that matter. It's been beat to death.

I have a GRIFFIN Resistance 9 and SILENCERCO HYBRID. I put a IN LEAD WE TRUST 4.5 inch barrel with a threaded barrel and a 3 lug HK mount milled right on to the barrel. The HYBRID looked closer to an mp5 suppressor on this weapon than the resistance. Which was smaller. I just put a 3 lug mount and 9mm end caps on HYBRID.

I still have a few other thing I want to do to it. I still hsve the 8 inch barrel. This is the gen 2 so I can switch it out to shoot sig 357 or 40cal. Here's a few pics. I really like this weapon and with the binary trigger it rips. This is just to have and collect and shoot every once in a while and the binary trigger is because it does not cost 35k to 40k for the real deal lol

Makes a great home defense weapon to. I'm adding a green/IR laser also and micro light and I've since added a SIG ROMEO RED DOT plus I want to find some HK fixed sights to put on it

frmReadMail_Attachment-4-383613.jpg

frmReadMail_Attachment-1-383612.jpg

Last edited:

Rookie

LSB Member
Fun little guns. I had mine cut down to four inches and had the hand guard cut down also. I'm running extended mags - 37 rounds.

66lsgg.jpg

KJQ6945

LSB Member
I bought a MPX a few years ago, and also went with the MP5SD, "look". It is my favorite PCC at the moment. I had planned on having a MP5 clone rebuilt into an SD, but have now reconsidered.
It was just a lot cheaper to go with the MPX.

IMG_3369.JPG

IMG_4327.JPG

chthump

LSB Member
Shot several hogs with 147gn 9mm, using mp5 clone, it dropped 3, did better than i would have guessed

Last edited:

firemedic2000

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I thought about putting the 8 inch upper sig 357 on it and shooting from a blind my buddy has set up that he shoots hog with his 17hmr out of. It is setup real close to the feeder.

That 17hmr drops them where they stand.

I want a 45acp cqb weapon next. Believe it or not my old unit even used the old WW2 grease guns on missions back in my days

I like the look of your rail. What did you have it cut down to 5 or 6 inches. I think I'm going to shorten the rail on mine also or just buy one. You can get them for around a 100.00 bucks

What sucks is I miss not being able to just go on line to do a form 1 to SBR a weapon. But yeah after seeing yours I have to SBR it. It just looks so much better.

Last edited:

jglass

LSB Member
This isn't what you guys are talking about but I do plan to use this for wild hog hunting. I bought this AR-15, 9mm because I thought it would be fun and it has been. I really like shooting it, ammo is cheap and it is pretty accurate at 50 yards. At 100 yards the bullet drops
2 or 3 inches. It is real light weight, weighs less than my 223. My primary wild hog gun is a 300 Blackout but would like to use the 9mm in the daytime on one or two hogs. It was purchased from Palmetto State Armory as a kit. Shoots perfectly. It now has a carry handle on the upper receiver.

Last edited:

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice rig!

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Excellent.

I’ve killed a handful of hogs with my 9mm this year. It’s not my primary weapon but it serves a roll.

jglass

LSB Member
My next toy, "Just Right Carbine" in 45 ACP. Home - Just Right Carbines This will be my day time hog gun and gun range plinker. Several gun companies springing up that make
rifles that shoot handgun ammunition. Just Right Carbine makes a 9MM, 10MM, .45acp, 40 S&W, 357 SIG. These rifles are convertible to right hand or left hand use and can be converted to between calibers. Should have mine next week.

Home - Just Right Carbines

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just got the Keltec 9mm sub 2000, Glock mags 21 and 33 rd mags

Attachments

• 20180717_112707-1.jpg
    20180717_112707-1.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 21rd mag.jpg
    21rd mag.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 2

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They fold up but when I put a red dot on it not so much, also have a laser that works well too 147gr jacketed Hollow points or the Hornady XTP

100_0422.JPG