New section Guys and Gals.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey everyone the SILENCER SHOP http://www.silencershop.com/ in Austin Texas has brought me on board as hunting Pro Staff along with sponsoring a suppressor/silencer section here at LSB. They will be here to answer questions and help you with your suppression needs.

With this partnership we will be able to bring you info and reports on all the latest suppressors, news and laws involving suppressors. This is very exciting and will bring a wealth of information and knowlege to our forum here, so please give them a big welcome and be sure to visit them at http://www.silencershop.com/.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds Great !

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good news indeed, they are definitely a welcomed addition.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great news indeed. I'm waiting for an email now telling me what I want is now in stock.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great news, have my Trust with nothing on it...so sad!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great to have more experts. Will help when I pick a suppressor for my 458

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
cool deal

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Used them for my Silencerco Omega purchase, nothing but professional, knowledgeable guys over there.

JPK

LSB Active Member
Talk about timing, I just got trust forms today and will be speaking with them in the next day or so.

JPK

Well, just got off the phone with The Silencer Shop and now have to wait for two 30cal Silencerco Omegas and a 22cal Silencerco Spectre II.

Tried to use the BATF eForms for a Form 1 application for two short rifle uppers, but couldn't make it work. The sign up page wouldn't allow me to select a state. Hmm... Something for tomorrow, it is time for a beer here, and it is my B-Day.

JPK

Galveston340

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
....very nice and a welcome addition to the site.

Happy Birthday JPK!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Happy B'day JPK, get those e-forms working for those presents!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah ! Happy Boipday !

MapMan

Don't know if this is the right forum area for my question but here goes:
Been through the 300 BLK W/AAC 7.62 suppressor. It works well with subsonic loads which it was designed for. Ok, very limited use, CQCB, home protection, etc. My humble opinion is the 300 BLK is insufficient for any hunting purposes and is being outlawed (as the .223) in some hunting areas. So, I'm trying to stick with fewer calibers and resorting to my .308s.

Have tried to use my 7.62 suppressor on my .308 bolt & AR. 7 1/2 inch change in POI unsuppressed to suppressed. Re-zeroed scope to coincide w/suppressed POI @ 100yds. Both .308 guns produce lousy inconsistent shot patterns when suppressed and beyond 100 yds it's spray & pray. More than one gunsmith has said that is normal. Really?? I put the suppressor on a .223 bolt and the shift in POI was less dramatic and more accurate but still nothing to write home about.
Q: Is there a dramatic difference in performance from one make/brand/design suppressor to another?
Q: In one caliber vs another?
Q: Smaller projectile in a larger caliber better?

Been thinking of new 6.8 spc. (Only referring to supersonic.)
Q: What type of accuracy results have folks been getting with the 6.8 suppressed?
Q: Is there one specific suppressor that just plain does the job without causing mayhem once zeroed?
Q: Does the projectile maintain a good shot pattern out to 200 yds?

Have scanned suppressor sites and they appear to be just too technical focused on building a suppressor.

Have picked up lots of info from this site on night optics, specially the 2014 testing.

Thanks, MapMan

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Don't know if this is the right forum area for my question but here goes:
Been through the 300 BLK W/AAC 7.62 suppressor. It works well with subsonic loads which it was designed for. Ok, very limited use, CQCB, home protection, etc. My humble opinion is the 300 BLK is insufficient for any hunting purposes and is being outlawed (as the .223) in some hunting areas. So, I'm trying to stick with fewer calibers and resorting to my .308s.

Have tried to use my 7.62 suppressor on my .308 bolt & AR. 7 1/2 inch change in POI unsuppressed to suppressed. Re-zeroed scope to coincide w/suppressed POI @ 100yds. Both .308 guns produce lousy inconsistent shot patterns when suppressed and beyond 100 yds it's spray & pray. More than one gunsmith has said that is normal. Really?? I put the suppressor on a .223 bolt and the shift in POI was less dramatic and more accurate but still nothing to write home about.
Q: Is there a dramatic difference in performance from one make/brand/design suppressor to another?
Q: In one caliber vs another?
Q: Smaller projectile in a larger caliber better?

Been thinking of new 6.8 spc. (Only referring to supersonic.)
Q: What type of accuracy results have folks been getting with the 6.8 suppressed?
Q: Is there one specific suppressor that just plain does the job without causing mayhem once zeroed?
Q: Does the projectile maintain a good shot pattern out to 200 yds?

Have scanned suppressor sites and they appear to be just too technical focused on building a suppressor.

Have picked up lots of info from this site on night optics, specially the 2014 testing.

Thanks, MapMan
What type of barrel and length is the .308? When adding a suppressor to the end of a thin long barrel it can change the barrel harmonics. The thinner, longer , and heavier the suppressor is the more chance of a poi shift. I personally have had minimal if any poi impact shift with my cans but all my barrels are heavy.

MapMan

What type of barrel and length is the .308? When adding a suppressor to the end of a thin long barrel it can change the barrel harmonics. The thinner, longer , and heavier the suppressor is the more chance of a poi shift. I personally have had minimal if any poi impact shift with my cans but all my barrels are heavy.

The Savage bolt barrel is 20 inches carbon steel, .754 inch diameter @ muzzle; the Wilson AR barrel is 18 inches, .795 inch diameter @ muzzle, in house match grade - I assume carbon steel or it would state otherwise. Both 1:10 twist. I wouldn't say that either of these barrels are long and thin. I have a .308 Browning X-bolt that has a long thin 22 inch barrel which is no where as large/heavy as the other barrels.

What suppressor do you recommend for the LWRC SIX-8?

Last edited: