New Properties, New Friend, Coyote & Boar

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So I 'inherited' some hunting lands from my buddy Dave as he has moved about 1000 miles away. First time hunting the new places without Dave and I noticed that one parcel was being hunted. I was told to expect this and had been given a number for the hunter. So I texted the hunter and asked if he was seeing anything. He is actually a family member of the landowner. He wasn't but he joined me to hunt last night. It was a win-win all the way around. He got to hunt with thermal and a rifle (he is a red light bowhunter, mostly) and I got provided with a lot of insights about the properties. Even better, he scored his first, ever, coyote kill.
clap.gif

What really impressed me about the guy is that while the video of the coyote kill is short, he had only just learned how to use the FLIR PTS736 scope and DID manage to get a photograph of the coyote through the scope and activate the recorder and still make the shot before the coyote got spooked.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And, another happy ending!! Looks like the lad's a natural.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Doesn’t get much better-new friend, coyote and hog down. Good deal!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice. Most people don't learn how to efficiently use a thermal optic nearly that fast! Good stuff.

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Like watching American Sniper.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Brian, you make videos too often to keep up with. Must be a good problem to have! Well done. Keep em comin!!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Brian, you make videos too often to keep up with. Must be a good problem to have! Well done. Keep em comin!!

It is sort of a negotiating point to help acquire properties from landowners that I will let them see what we are doing and how we are doing it via videos. Some really like to be kept in the loop on what happens on their properties.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good coyote and hog down! Dave moved to Indiana??