New Member Here

Tankbuster

This is my ultimate hog killer!
Hello All, My name is Bill. I hail from the great state of Wisconsin. I was watching some videos on Youtube and was very interested in hunting these monsters. Im somewhat new to the hunting scene and look forward to learning how to book a trip and drop the hammer on these Beasts!!! Now im just in the info gathering stage, all info is greatly appreciated! Thank you.
-Bill-

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the fray. So? If I'm hearing you correctly... you're inviting this group to direct you in the task of spending your money? We got this!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Howdy!
In a past life I traveled to Chippewa Falls, WI several times, visiting Cray Research. On one trip I heard a story (which may even be true?) about the selection of the state motto. "America's Dairyland" was the winner. Reportedly, so I was told, the second-place vote-getter was "Smell Our Dairy Air".

I don't care if it's true or not. I love the story and, as Ratdog says, we can help you wreck your budget and burn through your savings like nobody's business!

Tankbuster

Thank You Ratdog, just looking to further my hunting experiences... I just started turkey hunting and finally tagged a white tail after many, many years of freezing my azz off! Kinda got pumped seeing everyone blasting the hogs, and thought, I can actually have something walk in and I get a chance to," drop 'em like a bad habit".

Tankbuster

Thanks, der Teufel... Just gathering intel on this type of hunting! As to the motto, I think its,"Forward"... Americas Dairyland is on rthe license plates. The smell our dairy air thing probably is something someone thought of cleaning stalls!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
On the subject of license plates, the BEST license plate frame I've seen (to date) was: "Watch Out For The Idiot Behind Me." I nearly spewed hot coffee inside the car.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So, how does one add an avitar....
Scroll up to the upper right portion of the page, to your username. Point at it and the drop down menu will show you "avatar". The pic needs to be a lower pixel size to work.

Tankbuster

I tried that and .....nothing no avitar optional. oh well, i will try later.
I know this is not the right place for this question, but what are the requirements for hunting hogs??
A. out of state licenses.
B. time of year??
C. bag limits??
you know.... the usual noobie questions.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like you got the avatar figured out. Lookin' good.

I think you have to be more specific for where you're hunting. As I recall, in Texas, no license is needed, unless you're going to salvage the meat. I'd be surprised if there was a "season" or bag limit" either. I'd bet the locals will chime in and correct any errors I've implied.

Last edited:

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome! Take your coat off and stay awhile!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The Texas laws regarding shooting hogs changed a year or two ago. As long as you're on private land, with the permission of the landowner/lessee or whomever controls the land, you no longer need a license to shoot feral hogs. On public land you need a license and permit.

I always get a license, but I'm local and a certified Old Fart so my basic hunting license is only $7/year. That way I can shoot a squirrel or rabbit if the mood should strike. Some day maybe I'll get ambitious and shoot a deer! So far I've managed to keep the freezer pretty well stocked with pork so there's been no need to go after venison.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The Texas laws regarding shooting hogs changed a year or two ago. As long as you're on private land, with the permission of the landowner/lessee or whomever controls the land, you no longer need a license to shoot feral hogs. On public land you need a license and permit.

I always get a license, but I'm local and a certified Old Fart so my basic hunting license is only $7/year. That way I can shoot a squirrel or rabbit if the mood should strike. Some day maybe I'll get ambitious and shoot a deer! So far I've managed to keep the freezer pretty well stocked with pork so there's been no need to go after venison.
That just ain't right. The desire to savor its flavor is need enough.