New member from Houston

JRHTX

New to the board & forum. Looking for help on first thermal selection.
Need thermal for a hog problems on my property, 100-120 yard shots.

Have bee reading info on the Thermal forum, but dang.... lot's of selections, lot's of opinions, lot's of prices!
Thanks
James

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yep, lots of opinions!
I'll let folks who know more than I chime in on their preferences.
I was interviewing for a job decades ago for a position doing systems design with 4-bit microprocessors (that should tell some folks how old I am …) and the guy conducting the interview mentioned that one of his team members had done designs for something like 13 or 14 microwave controllers for various customers. I expressed surprise that there could be so many differences in microwaves, that once you've done a couple they should all be the same.
The manager responded "It has been my experience that if you assemble a committee of N persons to resolve an issue, you typically end up with N+1 opinions!"
Get ready to hear some different opinions on thermal weapon sights. No one is wrong, you just have to understand their reasoning.

Oh, and WELCOME !!

Last edited:

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome from Houston. Cliff from ******************* is in Katy. He goes by BigRedDog on here. Many of us on here are very happy with his pricing and service.

I have a couple suppressed 6.8s with thermals. Let me know if u want to try before u buy!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome. An invite to try out thermals right away on here....might take advantage of that!

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the forums. Buying thermal can be a beating because of all the info and opinions out there. If you need any help give me a call.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome and good luck, choose wisely