New hunting grounds- good start

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got to new property around noon today and believe this place is going to be good. Places totals a little over 5,000 acres with 1,000-1,500 acres in pasture and the rest in either cotton, wheat or Alphafa. Spent a couple hrs with the land owner showing me half of it today and then headed to the ranch house. From there he was showing me where they see pigs every evening. An hr later I’m at the truck loading mags and about 300 yards away I see 2 sows and 4 piglets walking through the some mesquite trees headed to that spot.

I jump in the truck and drive pretty close. I get out with the AR10 and start the walk to the corner. After making it within 100 yards i see them. I take position waiting on them to get in a clearing. Biggest sow takes a round and goes down. We are off to the races. Second sow gets slowed down by the first shot and dumped with the second.

The piglets are out of site but I sit for a bit. About 2 mins later here they come. First little piggy goes down. The next 2 shots are near misses and the 3 left get away.

I get back up to the cabin and just relax on the front porch. About 30 mins later here come the 3 little piggies heading towards the barn and their path is 60 yards from the house. Grab the rifle and get 2 more. All this in broad day-light. This place is going to be especially when they start planting. Pic of the first 339E77D91-202B-4774-BD55-7E306DCFC90A.jpeg

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice Job!

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to go Eric, you’re really getting off to a good start! What’s that-6 before dark? Good shooting

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You got a wooly mammoth!! Nice going Eric. Looks like it is going to be a great place.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fine work there Eric. Gettin' 'em before they git edjumicated is always more gooder.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
From the cabin spotted this first pig about 120 yards away. Made the stalk and big fella went down. 95D08532-4C1C-4DC7-A325-73D9768F05DE.jpeg

Walked back and got the land owner to show him NV and the pig. We were there talking for 5 mins or so. When we decided to head back I flipped down the NODs and to my surprise to More walking by 30 yards from us. I told the land owner not to move. 2 shots and 2 DRT.
D4EE19E4-DFBF-4FEE-9938-630D358B660A.jpeg

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How much fun is that! Sounds like a great place to play.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Wow, those guys have some serious cutters around there. Great fun Eric.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
As they say, "Nice work if you can get it!"

Keep After 'Em!