Need advice!

Wayne

LSB Member
Time has come to upgrade..I'm stuck between the Zeus 3× 640 and the Pulsar Trail XP50..mostly coyotes within 200 yards with some hogs also. Is the lack of native magnification offset by the picture in picture on the pulsar? Or is the higher native magnification on the Zeus better? I know about the internal recording and the rechargeable battery on the pulsar I'm mainly concerned with the picture that I'll be looking at while hunting. Any help or advice will be appreciated thanks

Taco

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You need to look through both. I have and prefer the Zeus. I like the 3x magnification. Then again I prefer the 3x 75 to any thermal I’ve tried. I haven’t tried the 60 mk3.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The XP50 is 640 at its native 1.6x the Zeus 3x 640 is 640 at it's native 3x. So basically anytime you hit the zoom button you will step down in resolution. At 3.2x the XP50 will have the resolution of a 320. I believe 1.6x is too low for most shots that means you will be seeing a 320 resolution most of the time because of it being zoomed to 3.2x.

A lot of people like the bells and whistles and go off of price point they also think that just because it's a 640 system it's the same as the others. With the Zeus you will always have almost twice the magnification of the XP50 when the resolution is the same.

DarkNight

LSB Member
Also consider some people are having poi shifts on the Pulsar units. I've been told by Sellmark they are investigating the issue.