My hunt after the rains

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Landowner called and said hogs had come during the previous nights of rain. I arrived and checked the property on a little tour with him and some of the damage seemed to be not just during the previous nights, but the previous night or morning. He wished me good luck and I went to get my stuff out of the truck.

The sun was down but the field was in twilight as I made my first scan before leaving the truck, seeing hogs had entered the field. I slogged my way across the field through mud and standing water. ...

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It's nice to have good relations with the landowner, such that they'll let you know when the hogs have been coming around.
Looks like you had good results!

Keep After 'Em!

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I enjoyed the video as usual. It is interesting to see how the different bullets perform and the effect they have on the hogs. Thanks for testing!

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some tough hogs there. Good shooting.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's kind of frustrating for ya... knowing you have solid hits, but they're still on the hoof. M'be you're forgetting to say "Pew-Thud" on every trigger pull?

I'd call that some good killin' just the same, the TBPS may be giving you an assist on this one.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, guys, yeah the landowner said the buzzards were all over. I have a feeling a couple of the hogs are on the neighbor's place. Oh well.

I don't know what to think of these bullets. On one hand, they are performing as designed. On the other hand, I am seeing shots that I think should be better at dropping the hogs than they are.

bar-d

Head Wrangler, Chief Manure Manager: Bar-D Cattle
If the hogs find out how well the rabbit decoy works, they'll be paying off bunnies all over the pasture. Kudos.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs down! I'm too scared to shoot a skunk!!