More corn hogs

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I thought it was my carrier swap that caused a malfunction this past Saturday. For today I swapped back to my factory carrier and darn it if I didn't have the exact same type of malfunction. Empty case is stuck in the ejection port, pinched shut by the bolt. Weird part is the neck and shoulder are in the port with the case head sticking straight out. I obviously have an issue to troubleshoot and correct and am beginning to suspect my Caldwell basket brass catcher. Empty case may be hitting the frame of the catcher and bouncing back in. It's never done this before recently and tonight once again it cost me some shots.

I did have a fortunate recovery and collected a total of four large hogs. This is a new field closer to where I spend much of my time working and was able to give them to some fella's who have been asking for "wild hog"

image_zpsa7i6eajo.jpg

And here they are all loaded up for their ride to their new home.

image_zps4tk4ne6x.jpg

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Technical Difficulties... LOL... love that. Good solid kills, congrats.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Whackem and stackem, good stuff, and that one looks like a tank. Dandy hogs, nice going!!! BANG BANG!!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was fun to watch. Great Job!!

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It's supposed to be like that. Provides extra cooling for the gas tube when you wade into a sounder of 30+. ---pruhdlr

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Lost the handguard screw and it slipped forward I assume. Gotta hate when that happens. Lock Tite should fix it. If you can find another screw.

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Who let the gas out ?
No workey very well like that.
Small hole with set screw will stop it from sliding forward, if it keeps getting loose.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
No it's my fault. I took the handguard off to do something earlier this year and decided it was such a PIA to remove since it was lock tited to the barrel nut like the directions call for.

I decided to outsmart midwest industries and not put Loctite back in place.

That worked well for me

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's that new pump action modification. LOL Glad to hear you got it figured out.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
My fingers are crossed. Although that's got to be it.

I'd like to put the JP low mass carrier back in. But not tonight. Hadn't got the nerve.

That JP is SLICK!!! Although I didn't perceive any difference between it and my standard carrier as far as muzzle jump or recoil is concerned.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wildflower, I'll be sure to check that setscrew before I go out next time. Thanks for the heads up on that one. LOL

Whack em and Stack em. Glad someone got the meat. You got a winch to help load them with?

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hope you are back out there to get revenge on them tonight!! Best of luck!! BANG BANG!!!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well I think I've just discovered the source of my recent malfunction frustrations?

Anyone notice anything wrong with this picture? I was looking in the wrong spot the whole time.

Yes, I am an idiot.

It's alright .. hard to see in the dark... Hogs down anyways

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ah just leave it off not needed...

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I was going to say that you weren't holding the rifle firmly against your shoulder.