Monster Grouper

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This here is a picture of a friends' kid that was born 3 weeks before our daughter. She and him kind of grew up together the first years of their life. They use to run around the fish holds when they were little and stay down there till they turned blue and never wanted to come up. Anywhos this is Gregory he was on that fishin show and they went out this weekend to fish in a tournament. There was just a one and done for ANY Warsaw over 100lbs. this one was 218. They were all happy because there was a prize of 10,000.00 DOLLARS for one over 100lbs. People have gotten close the last few years by a pound or two but no one has ever been over 100 pounds. They were so happy,,,,,,,,,,,,, for about 15 minutes till another boat rounded the turn in the Matagorda Marina and pulled up with one that weighed in at,,,,,,,,,,,, 282 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!! There was no prize for second place!!!!! They still had a blast and were one of the first ones to get the new AVET TRX 80W 2 speed reels and I do believe they are the first ones to catch such a big fish with the reel too. So we might be seeing them on advertisements for Avet Reels in the near future.

Oh ya and FISH FISH!!IMG_0558.JPG

Last edited:

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There was a boat that weighed in one right before this and it weighed 98 pounds and that guy thought he had it too,,, BUT missed it by 2 pounds!!! FISH FISH!!

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What a big ol' monster indeed!! Congrats to that young man for landing that beast. I can only imagine what the bigger one looked like. Brings new perspective to "Fish ON !!!"

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's a BIG fish. That would feed me for years, and I eat a lot of fish. Great job for the young man. Sorry they didn't win the big one.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Big!! Big!!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just for kicks I thought I would look through my old pictures and find these. This is 25 years ago. Do not know where my daughter was during this for some reason??? FISH FISH!! IMG_160.JPG IMG_1505.JPG