Making sure the barrel and suppressor are in line

shurt

This question shows how new I am to the suppressor game but what is the best way to insure the barrel and suppressor are in line with each other? There was information in the Internet, sometimes the factory threaded barrel is not threaded correctly or evenly which could make things on your rifle with a suppressor out of line causing baffle strikes. Whats the best way to check this and is it often a problem?

Scott

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The only thing I can think could possibly cause baffle strikes is using a crush washer to attach the flash hider. That's assuming it's a quick connect. If it is a direct thread I've never heard of any problems.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I had problems with a direct thread. It was the suppressor and not the 3 barrels I tried it on. The best way I can think of ,without buying precision turned rods and such is to look down the bore.

Attach the suppressor. No crush washer. Suppressor should thread all the way to the shoulder. No gap allowed. Remove the upper from the lower or remove tge bolt okn a bolt gun. Point the muzzle toward a light source. Look from the breech through the bore. You are looking for a perfect circular shape of light all the way through. You shouldn't see any anomalies.

shurt

Thanks for the replies. Yes, very new to suppressors but I've jumped in with both feet and tomorrow I'm ordering #3 & #4! Wish me luck.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I had problems with a direct thread. It was the suppressor and not the 3 barrels I tried it on. The best way I can think of ,without buying precision turned rods and such is to look down the bore.

Attach the suppressor. No crush washer. Suppressor should thread all the way to the shoulder. No gap allowed. Remove the upper from the lower or remove tge bolt okn a bolt gun. Point the muzzle toward a light source. Look from the breech through the bore. You are looking for a perfect circular shape of light all the way through. You shouldn't see any anomalies.
Now I've heard of a problem. lol

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Most factory barrels are good to go. The problem comes in when people install the muzzle device for the silencer. However as some have pointed out you can get bore alignment rods and check to make sure you are clear. Geissele and CNC warrior both make them.