Lousy way to go out

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Life is short for a deer. Too bad he didn't make it to the crock pot.

bar-d

Head Wrangler, Chief Manure Manager: Bar-D Cattle
Seen that happen around here quite a few times. My fences have several crossed top wires at any given time but most of the time they are able to pull out and keep going. But, as above, not always. I had a doe cross the road in front of me one time and got hung up as she jumped the fence. I stopped and tried to explain to her I was just there to help but she didn't seem to believe me. After a few kicked shin bones I was able to send her on her way. She didn't even slow down to say thanks.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I haven't seen it often, but several years ago I went out on a Friday afternoon to hunt hogs over the weekend with a buddy. I arrived early and was out scouting when I came across a juvenile doe caught in a fence. As I pulled up next to it in my truck I remember thinking that it hadn't been there long because it wasn't covered in flies. Suddenly it lifted its' head and I realized it was alive! I took a photo, then put on some gloves, grabbed a stick, and managed to untwist the wires. Like bar-d's experience, it jumped up and took off without so much as a "Thank You!"

At least I didn't get kicked in the shin, though!
--

ScottJ

LSB Member
I've seen it a few times too. A couple years ago I shot a small buck and all I had was a doe tag. Technically illegal, but this buck had a big chunk of his rump torn out and had a hind hoof just hanging by a small piece of skin. It looked like he got caught in a fence pretty bad and barely managed to get out. Still got a fair amount of good meat from him.