Little evening action

Vern1

Pettytown, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Greetings,
I took a good friend out last night to introduce him to pig hunting in general and night time hunting specifically.
I've been laying off the pigs for the last month and they have returned in droves to my feeders.

After spending a while going over the equipment with Jeff, showing photos of the kill zone, talking about the lead required on running pigs, etc. he was primed!
We've been planning this trip for a while so the excitement and expectations were pretty high!
We eased into the 4x8 tower blind overlooking a couple of feeders and a small water hole.
Just before dark, a small sounder came in for a visit.
It was hard to keep from opening up on the piglets but I persuaded him to wait a few minutes for the bigger ones to come in.
After about 5 minutes, this is what happened:

After the dust had settled, we had taken both sows and 4 of the football sized pulled pork specials!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great, looked like a shooting game, ding, ding, ding!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have to admit to cheering on that last one, like the feeder fish during the public feedings at Cabela's. You know it isn't getting away, but he is the underdog and so you cheer...and then you don't. :D

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shooing. Great video

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That was cool, thanks for sharing.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
what did you record with? - mdvr or?

weapon mounted w1000-9?

very nice video

Vern1

Pettytown, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yeah, we were shooting a pair of *** 16" 6.8s.
I was videoing thru a Pulsar N750 and recording on an Angel Eye DVR which does actually have sound but I didn't have the microphone plugged in yet as they surprised us!!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
sticks, shooting sticks.

Looks like me before gilbert made me get a tripod

Last edited:

Vern1

Pettytown, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Sticks......we don need no stinkin' sticks!!!

I had missed supper and was really starting to feel it and had to grab a Snickers from my pack shortly after that!
I was sitting in an office chair, inside a carpeted box blind, gun resting on a carpeted window rest....I don't think sticks would have helped....:)

While that sounds luxurious, the office chair came from a dumpster - I just had to weld one leg back on and the carpet scraps are in there for insulation, both sound and heat/cold.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sticks......we don need no stinkin' sticks!!!

I had missed supper and was really starting to feel it and had to grab a Snickers from my pack shortly after that!
I was sitting in an office chair, inside a carpeted box blind, gun resting on a carpeted window rest....I don't think sticks would have helped....:)

While that sounds luxurious, the office chair came from a dumpster - I just had to weld one leg back on and the carpet scraps are in there for insulation, both sound and heat/cold.
now you sound even more like me!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
at least it was not a KitKat that melted all over...

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
KitKats are the debil

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Soooo-iieeeeee!!!