light hunting a night tips

TXHOGKILLER

so since i'm 15 i don't have the money to put 2k on a thermal all i have right now is a green light for hunting at night. eventually i will buy a night vision and then graduate to a thermal optic. anyways any tips on how to make the light hunting experience more successful. thanks

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If you have a place for a feeder and they come to that the next thing to get is these battery operated solar flood lights, before you know it they will get use to the light and stick around and eat when the light comes on. Other than that the new Photons are plenty cheap and seem to work so you could get one of those and have mobility. BANG BANG!!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've used a solar/battery operated motion light from Harbor Freight. As Curly says, the hogs get used to it (in my case, pretty fast) and hang around. The light being on is also a clue that something (could be raccoons, deer, hogs, ???) is at the feeder. A game camera is very useful as well. I quit just spending the night out hoping hogs would show up. I don't do that any more unless I've seen hogs coming in pretty regularly on a camera. If the hogs aren't showing up, neither do I.

jglass

LSB Member
I have a Firefield night vision scope that cost $285. It works very well up to 75 yards. However, now I have thermo imaging. It cost me some serious money but now I own the night not the hogs. It was worth the money. I hog hunt in Florida but the thermo imaging allows me to see into the jungle. I see the hogs long before they reach the bait pile. bang bang

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well, first off I admire the swagger of grabbing "TXHOGKILLER" at fifteen.

Need a few more details...

Caliber?
Terrain?
Size of property?
Travel time to hunting location?
Access to a game camera?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
bot

TXHOGKILLER

Well, first off I admire the swagger of grabbing "TXHOGKILLER" at fifteen.

Need a few more details...

Caliber? 5.56
Terrain? kind of flat with creeks everywhere and lots of cover
Size of property? 3 properties about 400 each
Travel time to hunting location? very close
Access to a game camera?
yes several