Liberals ramping up attack against guns and free speech.

Middy53

LSB Member
So you want all social media regulated by the government? Like this forum? Or do you just want the regulations on social media that isn't doing what you would like it to do?

Google is not a monopoly. There are countless other search engines, mail servers, video hosting sites, etc. They are a major player, but far from being a monopoly and they don't monopolize the entire space (which I take it you mean, the internet).
Just the parts that I don't like:)

Middy53

LSB Member
So you want all social media regulated by the government? Like this forum? Or do you just want the regulations on social media that isn't doing what you would like it to do?

Google is not a monopoly. There are countless other search engines, mail servers, video hosting sites, etc. They are a major player, but far from being a monopoly and they don't monopolize the entire space (which I take it you mean, the internet).
Here is an interesting read regarding Google and anti-trust issues.
The anti-monopoly case against Google - The Verge

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The Constitution starts with "We The People" for a reason. We The People have the ability to counter this ignorance and stand for our opinions and views like the Liberal idiots. We just need to determine it is something we want to fight for and then stand for it and NEVER quit!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You are right. Interesting read, concept, theory, opinion, but not ruled as such.

I think that you will find that there is no monopoly on the provision of free services.

Google search engine - FREE
YouTube - FREE
Gmail - FREE

You can buy some upgraded YouTube features for special viewing or higher end Gmail, but otherwise, FREE

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Even though they are private entities they should not be able to suspend or ban you for telling the truth just because they made a deal with another country to do so. Nor should they be able to ban conservative speech over liberal talk.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You are right. Interesting read, concept, theory, opinion, but not ruled as such.

I think that you will find that there is no monopoly on the provision of free services.

YouTube - FREE
Gmail - FREE

You can buy some upgraded YouTube features for special viewing or higher end Gmail, but otherwise, FREE

They are not free as they use your info to make money by selling it to others so you are paying one way or another.

Middy53

LSB Member

YouTube - FREE
Gmail - FREE

Listening to the radio is free as well but its still regulated. I'm not an anti-trust lawyer, I just don't wanna small group of people in silicon Valley telling me what's morally right or wrong.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Listening to the radio is free as well but its still regulated. I'm not an anti-trust lawyer, I just don't wanna small group of people in silicon Valley telling me what's morally right or wrong.

No radio station has to allow you to come into their place and let you say what you want. They may be regulated, but not in the way that you are suggesting.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here we go, already it is hard to find credit card companies to accept gun sales:

Citi group, the fourth-largest bank in the United States, has announced it will no longer do business with clients that do not meet a host of progressive gun control requirements, none of which are mandated by federal law.

In a blog post, Citi group announced:

Under this new policy, we will require new retail sector clients or partners to adhere to these best practices: (1) they don’t sell firearms to someone who hasn’t passed a background check, (2) they restrict the sale of firearms for individuals under 21 years of age, and (3) they don’t sell bump stocks or high-capacity magazines. This policy will apply across the firm, including to small business, commercial and institutional clients, as well as credit card partners, whether co-brand or private label. It doesn’t impact the ability of consumers to use their Citi cards at merchants of their choice.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I use the search engine DuckDuckGo.com

Says right on the front page they do not track you. To me that means they are a suitable replacement for Google. But I have not discovered a suitable replacement for YouTube.

Full30 that gets mentioned, how does a new user even upload a video there? I didn’t count all of them, but it looks to me like there’s only about three dozen account holders there who post videos that I could choose to browse through. And frankly none of them are that appealing to me.

Are there any other suggestions for video hosting?

Thanks.

Middy53

LSB Member
No radio station has to allow you to come into their place and let you say what you want. They may be regulated, but not in the way that you are suggesting.
No but they can't refuse to sell me add space based on the content of my add or political or religiuos affiliation. Youtube just monetizes their ads in a different order. We will see how it shakes out, looks like a few other countries have already started down the anti-trust road with Google.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I did time in Commifornia and the same thing is happening elsewhere in the US as it usually follows suit. Hardly anyone there has guns anymore or they are stashed away because of the liberal rules put in place. The county I lived in was impossible to get a ccw permit. They would not give them out. You must register all handguns with the state regardless of where you got it. You have 60 days to do so if coming from out of state. It is illegal to give a gun to a friend or family member w/o going through a background check. Every gun sale requires a 10 day waiting period to pick it up. There are more and don't get me started on vehicles and air conditioning etc....they are absolutely insane! These same people run Washington.

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Explains why the rural folks want to succeed from the high fluting stars and socialites. But it appears they are making a conscious collaborative effort to squash the NRA and any gun right supporters. As much as I hate getting propaganda from the NRA about send me more $$$ to fight the fight, I must say it appears that they very well may need it to overcome this freedom suppressing movement.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No but they can't refuse to sell me add space based on the content of my add or political or religiuos affiliation. Youtube just monetizes their ads in a different order. We will see how it shakes out, looks like a few other countries have already started down the anti-trust road with Google.

Ad? You mean like where you BUY advertising time? We aren't talking about buying ads on Youtube. We are talking about people posting their videos for free, like Todd, me, Wildflower, etc. That is a free service by YouTube.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
how do you figure it is a FREE service when they sell ads off you and make money on it, that cost you too

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
how do you figure it is a FREE service when they sell ads off you and make money on it, that cost you too
YouTube is free. Those with “commercial advertisement” have agreed to have advertisement on their videos.

The only time youtube forcefully puts ads is if you break one of their rules and do not fight it or edit the content that broke said rule.

I’ve never seen an Ad on any of Todd’s, Brian’s or other producer here.

Middy53

LSB Member
Ad? You mean like where you BUY advertising time? We aren't talking about buying ads on Youtube. We are talking about people posting their videos for free, like Todd, me, Wildflower, etc. That is a free service by YouTube.

YouTube is free. Those with “commercial advertisement” have agreed to have advertisement on their videos.

The only time youtube forcefully puts ads is if you break one of their rules and do not fight it or edit the content that broke said rule.

I’ve never seen an Ad on any of Todd’s, Brian’s or other producer here.
I was talking about ADs to compare youtube to radio and regulation, Not specifically for you guys. I put videos on Youtube as well as it is easier to share with family. Youtube still has to monetize its content and unlike radio they dont use songs from artist that have record deals they use content from individuals that is provided to Youtube in exchange for server space. My argument is that Google has become so large that they have the ability to destroy competition and if left completely un regulated they could easily become the only show in town by default even if there is still some form of competition. I would have never done business with TCT without Brians videos or bought an LWRC without Todds. I think we can all agree that we dont want a government that squashes free speech on either side of the aisle or constantly pokes their nose into private com0anies business; and with the same breath we could agree that allowing companies that control a main utility for people to share thoughts and ideas should not be allowed to squash free speech either.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think we can all agree that we dont want a government that squashes free speech on either side of the aisle or constantly pokes their nose into private com0anies business; and with the same breath we could agree that allowing companies that control a main utility for people to share thoughts and ideas should not be allowed to squash free speech either.

I am sorry, but this is like complaining that the free food at the shelter doesn't cater to your desires despite the fact that it is the biggest shelter in town.

I understand that folks are upset. I am too. There are risks with relying on the proverbial kindness of strangers and one of them is that the strangers may discontinue that kindness, which is what we see happening here. YouTube isn't squashing our free speech anymore that Todd is by censoring things here on LSB or moderators do on countless forums. They are all privately owned entities where the owners and their staff get to make the rules. The 1st Amendment doesn't apply. They have the right to control the content on their websites and you can be darned sure that they don't want to give up that right, either.

We should have all prepared better, but we didn't.

However, if you or anyone else feels this is a viable 1st Amendment issue, file suit. Contact the NRA (which as been very quiet on this issue, no doubt because their lawyers understand the futility of such an endeavor) and the ACLU.

Middy53

LSB Member
I am sorry, but this is like complaining that the free food at the shelter doesn't cater to your desires despite the fact that it is the biggest shelter in town.

I understand that folks are upset. I am too. There are risks with relying on the proverbial kindness of strangers and one of them is that the strangers may discontinue that kindness, which is what we see happening here. YouTube isn't squashing our free speech anymore that Todd is by censoring things here on LSB or moderators do on countless forums. They are all privately owned entities where the owners and their staff get to make the rules. The 1st Amendment doesn't apply. They have the right to control the content on their websites and you can be darned sure that they don't want to give up that right, either.

We should have all prepared better, but we didn't.

However, if you or anyone else feels this is a viable 1st Amendment issue, file suit. Contact the NRA (which as been very quiet on this issue, no doubt because their lawyers understand the futility of such an endeavor) and the ACLU.
Ok will do.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Brian, You dance around the subject, That is the fact that the 2nd amendment is under attack by the liberal left. Those who own and operate the youtubes and googles and fakebook monopolies are using those tools to eliminate the right. And they are monopolies at this point. Common sense tells us so. Soon you will lose your account due to violent murderous actions you post, it will happen at some point. It is a spiritual battle between right and wrong and good and evil. God's word says that in the end days right will be wrong and wrong will be right, never more so than now has that happened. Bold men will be persecuted for standing up and the cowards will roll with the masses.