Last hog & ATN thoughts

Navygator

LSB Active Member
Well, last night in OK and I was excited to test the ATN after replacing batteries. Saw a lone hog out in the open field to the south of the property. It is a huge field with just a couple of trees that the hogs seem to like and it was dark with minimal wind. I was debating whether to do the long hike over as I had to pack, but I saw a couple of smaller hogs not too far from the first, I assumed they were stragglers from one of the groups I had been nailing this week.
Anyway, long stalk later and I am lined up on the biggest one and cleared field of fire for follow-on shots. First shot was maybe 50 yards with an SST to the shoulder from the 6.8. At that point, ATN again went dark but didn't even cycle back on. :mad::mad::mad: I was so pissed!! Wouldn't even turn on for about 30 seconds.

Review of ATN: incredible clarity and easy to understand menu system. However, the issue with the batteries is ridiculous and rendered my 6.8 rifle into being effectively a muzzleloader. Out of maybe 6 stalks, it worked correctly once which is inexcusable for any product but certainly one at this price point. I understand this has been fixed in newer models but that didn't help me over the past week.

I let Ultimate NV know about the issue and will reserve comments for the time being. I will say they were easy to work with and I even got to have the thermal a little longer since it was only being shipped to OK.

To end on a positive note:
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x367/navygator/imagejpg1_zps9acb7cc5.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ATN, way over rated and bad customer service, very unprofessional folks! Lots better equipment out there and more coming soon.

Navygator

LSB Active Member
ATN, way over rated and bad customer service, very unprofessional folks! Lots better equipment out there and more coming soon.
I had tried to rent the armasight Zeus, but by the time I booked my trip it was unavailable.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Which is the offending model?

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
thanks

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
have you figured out the why yet?

why does it blank out

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, Thanks for your efforts!

Navygator

LSB Active Member
From what I read on these boards and what night vision email me when I told him about the problem, it's related to the battery holder. Apparently they're going to replace it when I return this one but that really didn't do me any good for my rental. It is a somewhat common occurrence from what I can tell, but again, I am no expert.