Last 2 of the Year?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well, unless I get a kitchen pass for New Year's Eve, these are likely the last two of the year.

I pulled in driveway and was scanning the property as I closed the gate and noticed a lot of animals behind the east side of the landowner's house. There was some movement, but I could not tell what they were. He has a bunch of cattle as well as a healthy deer population on the property and I had not seen any hogs there in a while. I really didn't think they were going to be hogs. So I drove the 400 yards or so down the drive to the west side of the house, parked, and loaded up to check out behind the east side. I had gotten maybe 20 yards from my truck when I spotted a bunch of animals coming over the low hill from the east side. Quickly it was apparent that they were hogs. I had just enough time to deploy my rifle on my shooting sticks...

Wind was in my favor. I would have let the hogs continue on down toward me, but the one big sow really took notice of me. I think several of them saw me, but didn't pay me any mind, but the sow did, so she had to go.

I thought it was interesting that the two hogs I shot were covered on one side with fairly fresh (still damp) mud. As cold as it was, I would not have expected to find that the hogs had been wallowing, but apparently they had been doing that.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Way to finish out the year!

Thanks for sharing, keep after 'em!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's a good finish!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice going!! and a CSMF of a New Year to ya!! What was your total for 2017?? BANG BANG!!

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hunt and dead hogs Brian. Hold out for the Kitchen Pass...bet you get it - and add a few more pigs to your 2017 total!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep, that was the total for the year, Curly. We'll see on the kitchen pass. I have a feeling it won't go into effect until 12:01 am, Jan 1. I'll keep working on it, as you say, RRB. :)

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Carpe Sus My Friend! Nice job! Love the vids

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You put on a clinic this year. Both killin' and cuttin' on fine vids. Nicely done B!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good dual hogs down! Happy hunting ... The year went by too fast!