Just More "Buyer Beware" Reminder

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey folks, just an FYI. Given that it's been 20 years since I've had a dog in my life, I'm contemplating making a change. Leaning towards an American Lab in fox red. I found a web site listing a number of puppies for sale, found one that really caught my eye and started the battle of the urge to purchase. I wanted to make an inquiry and saw that nothing on their web site listed where their location was. So... I started reading every page of their web site. I found a few things which were a "Red Flag":

1. Dogs are listed as "American Labrador Retriever Terriers" ("Terriers"????)
2. Only ONE of the many from a couple of litters was listed as "Reserved", all of the rest were listed as "Available". (Most every site I found were wait listed)
3. A week later, no status change in any of these puppies.
4. NO contact information listed, other than a vague email address
5. An internet search to find out more about this "breeder/seller" netted ZERO information about them, or their location.
6. Male dog listed with a common female name ("Bailey").

I mentioned this to a co-worker this morning, and she searched "Puppy Scams" and found the "breeder/seller" I was eyeballing as being reported as a puppy scam.

My point? Do your due diligence. I'm sure glad that I did, I was tempted to hit "Buy" on one of the puppies pictured. Looks like it would've been an ugly can of worms.

So, I'm sharing the link for the pet scam web site which is trying to help people from being taken. Looks like they're striving to do good things. Also, the AKC has information of breeders affiliated with the AKC, probably already been vetted by the AKC. A better place to look.

Pet Scammer List Website: Maritzalabradorpuppies.com info@maritzalabradorpuppies.com

mc68

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Glad you figured it before you lost money. Got luck on getting a dog. We have two Catahoulas that are part of the family and I hope you can find a new addition to yours.