Joining the NV world

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok Santa told me I have been good. Cannot wait. I get to go see Jason at Ident tomorrow for a PVS 14 and all the trimmings. Maybe I can see my suppressor while I am there LOL....

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Woohoo! Hunting the night is great. I have an Ident suppressor in prison there too.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good thing visitation rights are allowed. Congrats.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It is aggravating that on a state level it is legal to hunt with one for among other things Safety. But the Feds still want to believe the Hollywood BS and keep it locked down. My opinion a suppressor should be nothing more than an instant check like a firearm.

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Why even a check, a hammer is more dangerous.
If you are allowed to own the firearm the suppressor shouldn't matter.
It would lower the price and more people would have them, provided state law allows them.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I agree. In other parts of the world it is frowned upon to shoot a rifle without one.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I agree with all the points made.

I just know the government is never going to allow the full freedoms the Second Amendment is supposed to allow.

I was reading Afalex's post the other day. I mean he has to undergo more screening to maintain the clearances he has for his profession which is protecting our rights and freedoms than is required for any of this. But he is still just a commoner when it comes to civil freedoms and rights. He and the other servicemen and LEO should have some consideration in my opinion.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats and welcome to the club! If you enjoy them half of what I have it will be the top purchase you have ever made!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I agree with TLM. A pvs 14 was the best piece of hunting equipment I have ever bought besides a rifle.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok I have a question now. What illuminator/sighting laser are all of you using?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I use a Luna illuminator and a unimax IR laser. The unimax was all I could find at the time but so far has survived and served me well. I'm sure some of the milspec units are way tougher.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
sjb67 We can let you fondle your suppressor. LOL. I run a DBAL D2 which is an illuminator, IR pointer and visible pointer all in one unit. I like having it all in one unit but they are pricey, buy once cry once. The Luna Illuminator is brighter than the DBAL and you can add aiming lasers as you go so it's really what you find works in your budget. We can look and some different things when you come out.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats! I want a can more than anything else and when they are legal for all hunting in FL I will get one! You can get those at walmart too, right?

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks. Just want to do this right. It is great having all the knowledge to draw on around here. Thanks again for the kind words and help.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks. Just want to do this right. It is great having all the knowledge to draw on around here. Thanks again for the kind words and help.

Enjoyed hanging out with you and your wife last night. Have fun with the gear and thanks again for your business!!!!!

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks to Jason and Erick for all there help and patience last night. with all their help as well as all of the advice here i am rigged out and ready to go. Went with the PVS14, DBAL D2, Helment and weapon mount and an IPhone adapter.
thanks for making last night very informative and enjoyable for me as well as the wife. now to get to the woods!!!!!
thanks,
Steve

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Getting setup for night hunting is great! Much cooler and without lights you don't draw any attention.
Suppressor helps too.
Now that's all I do, I wait till its dark before heading out.
Only bird hunt during the day :D

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It is really cool. Suppressor is still in jail. Maybe have stamp by June.
Getting setup for night hunting is great! Much cooler and without lights you don't draw any attention.
Suppressor helps too.
Now that's all I do, I wait till its dark before heading out.
Only bird hunt during the day :D[/quo