It's MINE ALL MINE!!!!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, that is what I figured, the thing is just so deadly and accurate, I feel like I am going to have to replace it w a 10.5" barrel for a suppressor

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Check with Lane. My Ti can is GTG with my 10.5" 458. They tested the prototype with a 458 WM. Will email Corey and see if it will do ok with the 8.5" 6.8.

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The Scorpion has monolithic baffles if that makes any difference. Sent an email but I don't expect an answer till Monday but Cory can surprise me at times. He called me from a ball game once. Good Cust support.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thank you, now to try and scape together the cash

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
it there a Ti that is warranted for a 8.5" 6.8?
My current Phantom and the new Ti is only down to 10.5". With that said it would take a lot of shooting to erode so I use on my 9.5" barrel. Just don't shoot 1000s of rounds.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
SilencerCo uses it in Saker and Specwar is what I read on Silencer forum.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah as little as I shoot i doubt I would shoot one out.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's a really tuff decision on which one to get

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Frank Ti will make you happy with weight just have decide what brand. I say OD so ou can use on multi calls. Just my 2 cents. Being able to use on all my rifles saved me big bucks.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah I only have the 6.8 pistol and rifle I want to suppress, maybe get a 308 and then my Sig 522 22 cal, so caliber is no issue w me.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I want to suppress my 458 socom

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Everything they write says it will take smaller calibers. It says in the discription you can shoot a 308 through it. Can you take it apart for cleaning? I see it has multiple attachment styles. Which do you have?

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I went out today and ran some pills through my Lane Scorpion all Ti can. First I ran it through the 264LBC/6.5G. 20" BHW barrel 1/8 twist. Much quieter. I had hoped to use a DB meter I have but it does not have a fast enough response. It was hearing safe, ears did not ring after shooting 5 rounds through. First shot had a slight FR POP. Bullet impacted 4" low 4" right. Next four moved left 1" and up 1/2" all touching. This will be easily corrected if I cannot find a load it likes with and without the can. This was from the 50yd line and raining. Did not feel like walking the full 100yds in the rain today. I know I'm a wimp.

Then onto the 458. Used my Rock River upper 16" barrel. It was definitely quieter, though not as quiet as the 264. It was probably just above hearing safe though my ears did not ring. Using the HDY 300JHP they were impacting about 3 feet low and a foot to the right. They were right on the last time I took it out. Maybe a 2" spread but not that far off. It took the full 20 rounds I had to bring it on tgt and seemed a bit erratic. The 300gnrs have not been my most accurate round. I did not bring any others today as I was just comparing sound levels.

Over all the can did what it was supposed to do. It quieted things down to what I would say is just a bit quieter than a 22lr pistol. My ears ring with the 22 but did not with either suppressed guns. It was at a different frequency though, the 458 kind of roars in comparison, while the 264 has more crack. The 264 is moving a bit faster. I will try different bullets, probably the Barnes 300gn TTSX as it is my most accurate. Next is the 325 FTX. Now to work up some subs and see how they run. Will be pushing the 400gn Remington's and the 500gn HDY's. Has to wait until work dies down a bit. 2 shows in April and I have nothing finished. :rolleyes:

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Everything they write says it will take smaller calibers. It says in the discription you can shoot a 308 through it. Can you take it apart for cleaning? I see it has multiple attachment styles. Which do you have?

The Scorpion can be taken down to clean. It is very easy as it has no cone type baffles. Runs a monolithic baffle system, no stacking cones to re-assemble.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That might be my way to go then. I really like the idea of using it on multiple rifles. I also like that their discription says I can use magnums through it

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes I checked before I bought about using up to and including my 338WM and they said no prob. It will not be as effective as the magnum can but will not hurt the Scorpion. I do plan on getting a 22lr can though. Much smaller and lighter. Then I might get one other, prob in the 30 cal range. That way it will be more efficient with my 30's and below. But for now the 458 will fill the bill. I do need to get an adapter for the 556.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
In the end I want a 458 suppressor, 30 cal suppressor and a .22 suppressor. I'm on the fence with a dedicated 223 suppressor seeing as I never use my 223 for anything

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's what I want for my line-up. That way both my son and I can use a can. I don't take out the 556 AR much but I do have 2 bolt guns for yote hunting. I will be having them threaded eventually along with the 308 bolt gun. The 30 will be the best for anything under and the 458 will do for the socom or anything else I deem necessary. Even the 338WM if I think it will be used sometime.