I can make some lucky shots

Colby

Central Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was out checking a hay meadow to see when it was ready to cut and I spotted a pig out there so I run back to the truck right quick and grab the open sight 30-30 and it only has 2 shells in it of course and I roll out on the stalk. I get about 75 yards away and he notices something isn't right, wind blowing strait to him but he's in knee high grass too. So I
cock the hammer and take aim and click. Now he knows it's not right and starts trotting off. Take a shot and I don't know where it goes and he puts it in high gear but he is messing up as I'm between him and the woods and he's angling around to the side of me and I tell myself I have one bullet, take you're time as he has a long run and won't be gaining no distance from me. I squeeze the trigger and he slides down and flops over dead. Turns out to be a pretty good boar. I'd say close to 200#

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice on Colby! Im ready for them to cut the hay at my spots can't even see the in it right now hogs right now. I find it amazing how hard it is to see even the big hogs in just thigh high grass.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting Colby, you gotta be better prepared..2 bullets in any weapon?

Colby

Central Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting Colby, you gotta be better prepared..2 bullets in any weapon?
I don't have bullets for any of my guns right now. I haven't been using them so I haven't worried about getting more ammunition but I guess it's time to order some lol

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow, you still have a 6.8? lots of affordable ammo out there! Maybe we all need to send you a box for each of your guns?

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice job Colby! And a nice boar too.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
great pictures