Howdy!

Crackertom

Been watching Huey's videos on Youtube for a few weeks, very informative. Been in Texas for 18 years and have been wanting to hog hunt for all of them. Just signed up for a lease SW of Wichita Falls, bought a Polaris 570 to get around the 1400 acres of lease, and have scouted some of it out so far. Just hoping to learn what items I need to buy, and skills I need to develop. I am a trauma nurse in a level 1 hospital in Dallas so I am a little cautious about how I'm going about all of this. Concerned about rattlers and angry hogs. Hoping to learn what I can do to be safe and effective on the lease.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome! Lots of experienced hunters on this site, so I’m sure we can answer most of your questions!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Better yet, I'll tame the rattlers and kill just the angry hogs for you just to keep you safe. Just send me a key and directions to the gate. Lol. Welcome.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the fray. Homie don't like buzz-worms!!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Let's see …
The hogs eat the snakes, and I eat the hogs.

So far no problems!
Go get 'em!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
more hogs means less snakes, I never go w/o snake boots though. Good luck

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the party...Yeah rattlers are like politicians....Can't Trust 'em!.....boots or chaps for snakes and a high capacity mags for angry hogs!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Wow, you guys make me feel like I shouldn't be hunting in tennis shoes.

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad you found us...

I hunt the scrub alone at night and $150 in snake boots is a solid investment.

My medical background compels me to carry a couple extra pounds if gear on my hip.

Consider a red scope light for the Polaris if you haven’t already...