How to upload and post pictures to & from Photobucket

Froggerzack

Diana, TX (East TX)
OK this is my way of post pictures to almost any forum that I have been on:

First set up your account with Photobucket.com. It's free and has easy links to post directly in post on this forum! They do make an application for smart phones but I have never used it and I'm pretty sure it's simple to use. However I almost never make post directly from my phone rather I wait till I get home to make post. This method allows me to take my pictures, text them to Photobucket (PB), and they are ready when I get home to post. Setting this up is a one time deal so it's kind worth the initial hassle

Determining upload address and setting up a contact:

First from your home page of PB select your user account in the top right corner and select User Settings in the drop down menu.

Capture_zpse7edf057.jpg

Capture1_zpsf90abdf8.jpg

This will bring out a pop up style window titled Personal Information with tabs along the top. Click on the Mobile tab.

Capture2_zps565b8d2d.jpg

This will bring up the following page that list your direct link to upload images to PB directly from your phone.

Capture3_zps4c479fb6.jpg

Now in your phone setup a contact named "Photobucket" and add the above mentioned email link into your email portion of your contact. (I believe if you have a non-smart phone the link can still be added to the contact through the phone number portion of the contact). Instead of putting in a phone number you will put in a email link. similar to this: Example.00000@uploads.photobucket.com

Screenshot_2014-07-08-18-18-06_zps092a687c.jpg

Save your contact. The initial setup is done!

Last edited:

Froggerzack

Diana, TX (East TX)
While you are in the PB account setup go ahead and configure your albums with the correct setting so your pictures will not be too big for the LSB to display. First click on the the Albums tab and the towards the bottom click on "Customize Album Settings" highlighted in blue.

Capture12_zps8261d944.jpg

A pop up window will be opened. From there I selected 640 x 480.

capture11_zpsa417e094.jpg

Taking pictures and uploading to PB:

This part is really easy you just take a picture and text it like you would to your hunting buddy...
Take you picture:
Screenshot_2014-07-08-18-47-01_zpscd51d0d3.jpg

(lack of subject matter at the computer)

Text picture to PB:

Screenshot_2014-07-08-19-03-52_zpsb43eda96.jpg

Screenshot_2014-07-08-18-49-06_zpsb5fc548e.jpg

No message is required just press send and it will be available in PB shortly!

Last edited:

Froggerzack

Diana, TX (East TX)
Posting pictures from PB to Lone star boars:

At this point you've had your hunt. Shot that awesome pig(s) and took pictures and sent them to PB through a text message. Now they are just hanging out waiting for you to post them on LSB.com!

Go to Photobucket.com and since your already set up an account your username and password should be saved and take you directly to your home screen.

Now click the Library tab to take you to your albums, then click on mobile uploads on the left side of the screen and it will bring up the following screen.

Capture_zps6f2a0bac.jpg

Click on the picture that you wish to share.

Capture1_zpsa218c57a.jpg

At this point your picture is full size and there will be several different links listed in the right side (circled in red). When you click the IMG the link will temporarily highlight yellow and say copied so it will be in you clip board.

The green circle area will allow you to edit and rotate your pictures if you need to.

Capture2_zps7e514b2c.jpg

Now you have a link copied into your clip board the you would like to post in your post here. All you have to do is type a reply like normal whereever you like to insert a picture just finish your sentence, hit enter to go to the next line and right click and select paste (or use Ctrl-V) to insert the link for your picture.

Work in progress.... To be continued!

Last edited:

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks that was easy. Didn't even bother to look for a easier way than logging on.

Froggerzack

Diana, TX (East TX)
Remember in your settings, to resize your pics to fit most pages, it does this to all in your album so it id much easier to post or send by email. If you want to add this in above I will come back and delete this entry.
I kinda ran out of time on this tonight. It turned into a bit of a chore adding pictures and all. I will add this info and finish up some more pictures hopefully later.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You will find by using PB it will be easier to post your pics on ALL forums, FB and email. The real advantage is to the forum owner is his system will run faster and take less bandwidth. Bandwidth = $$ to the Forum, so if you use PB you are supporting your forum not costing it more $$ to operate.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
use the img share link and the pic shows directly in your post

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Trying to do it from my phone

FrankT