How to set up your Armasight thermal.

Dist5

Many of you are still having problems setting up or configuring your thermal scopes hope this helps.

Todd, New Member Here. Also Retired CO from New Jersey. Any chance you can steer me in a direction for a after market battery pack for a Armasight Predator 336?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Todd, New Member Here. Also Retired CO from New Jersey. Any chance you can steer me in a direction for a after market battery pack for a Armasight Predator 336?
Ultimate night vision used to have a good one.

TRow

Many of you are still having problems setting up or configuring your thermal scopes hope this helps.

I’m still getting grainy results. Flir customer service transferred me to vm. I need help. I’ve played with the contrast and brightness and watched this video over and over to make sure I was doing everything recommended and still getting a super grainy image. Zeus 336 3-12x50
Cr 123as and extended battery pack.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I’m still getting grainy results. Flir customer service transferred me to vm. I need help. I’ve played with the contrast and brightness and watched this video over and over to make sure I was doing everything recommended and still getting a super grainy image. Zeus 336 3-12x50
Cr 123as and extended battery pack.
Right now with all the weather any thermal is going to look washed out and grainy.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Yup, we got choices ... in bad thermal conditions ... like rain ... high humidity ... high wind ...

01 - Crank up the contrast (call "gain" on some thermals) and enjoy the grainy ...

02 - Do not crank up the contrast ... and enjoy the washout.

How much to crank up the gain depends on conditions and personal preference. On my Mk3 60mm sometimes 2 click up is good and sometimes it is 3. 3 is grainier but sometimes needed to be able to see well enough. 2 clicks is less grainy but might be still too washed out in worse conditions.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I find that on my MK3 that it does not take much increase in contrast before the video out image absolute turns to crap, anything beyond 2 clicks. The viewfinder image will be a grainy, but the recorded image is terrible.