How many actually compete or are looking to?

JamesB74

LSB Member
Like the title says. How many compete in any shooting sport that is not hunting? Or how many are looking to compete?

There are a ton of clubs and opportunities around DFW and across Texas that you might not know about!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I want to, had a great time at the Ft Worth swat challenge this year. 3 gun looks really fun!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would but it looks to be a younger mans game, at least to get started from scratch.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm going to really encourage my daughter to do 3 gun when she is old enough. It seems a girl that shoots well can secure sponsorships fairly easy.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I did IPSC and sporting clays. I had a blast, but I put all my money into hunting now.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I shoot sporting clays in most of the oil and gas related shoots here in North Texas.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I drive the Katy Freeway every day, that is competition enough for me

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have looked at 3 gun a little. Looks like a lot of fun. Just have not jumped in. Wish I knew someone local to learn the ropes from. I enjoy anything shooting including archery.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have looked at 3 gun a little. Looks like a lot of fun. Just have not jumped in. Wish I knew someone local to learn the ropes from. I enjoy anything shooting including archery.
Maybe you can talk Jamesb74 into showing you the ropes.

I barely have enough time to hunt and lease up keep. So comp is out for now. I have considered building a 3gun rifle just for kicks though, but that got put on the back burner since I missed out on ***'s 3 gun barrel.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep. I am pressed for time myself. I have a ranked Sporting Clays shooter that is willing to work with me for free as long as I commit to shooting at least three rounds a month. I cannot seem to find the time to give that a fair shot. I would love the lessons and I know without practice they are a waste of time so maybe sometime.

From what I read James would be someone to pay attention to.

JamesB74

LSB Member
Doesn't necessarily have to be 3 gun. Can also be USPSA, steel matches, IDPA. TXPRC long range.

And any age as well. The whole spectrum of ages usually show up.

Was just curious.
One place to start would be NTMG. They host a monthly 3 gun and steel match.
3rd weekend of the month is the steel match. 4th weekend of the month is the 3gun. And they run the 3 gun on both Saturday and Sunday so you can pick either day to shoot.

There are also a lot of others as well. Can look up DAPS or CCIDPA and get schedules. DAPS shoots at ETTS range and at Elm Fork quite often. Also TX Combat shooters hold a bi monthly night match at elm fork.

Tony Alvarenga

My daughter competes in 4H, SCTP, NSCA, and ATA matches.she shoots primarily. Trap, sporting clay, skeet, and FITASC.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1646249308189.jpg
    FB_IMG_1646249308189.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 0