How I Get Permission To Hunt

Jack M

The Student
As some already know I moved here almost 2 years ago from Cleveland Ohio and since then found a new passion for hog hunting. I came here not knowing a single person and even now I know only a few people. So after thinning out the hogs at the 80acre horse farm I work at I was itching to get on some more pigs. Early one morning i killed 2 boars at the farm and put them on the tonneu cover of my truck, after I took the backstraps out. Time was roughly 630am. I was hungry so with the hogs on the back I made a trip to the gas station. As soon as I get out of my truck an older gentleman stops me and asks if he could take a picture to send to his nephew. I said of course. Then we started talking and the next thing I knew he was asking if I wanted to come out and kill some of the hogs on his property . And so that is my new ritual. It's gotten me permission to hunt on 3 different ranches close to my work. And even if I don't strike up a conversation with someone the looks on people's faces when I drive by them is remarkable. It makes me feel like a celebrity because everyone wants to take a picture of this wacko driving his truck with dead pigs on top. Just thought I'd share my strategy with y'all. Be safe and God bless

Jack

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome!

Did you hear about the war between the United States and Canada? We lost so we had to take Cleveland and Detroit!

jglass

LSB Member
LOL, Jack great story. The Florida residents hate wild hogs so I can see how that would work.

Another tip: When people ask how you kill hogs tell them you use Dynamite for multiple kills