homemade 9mm auto loader

jglass

LSB Member
Seems almost impossible to load the Glock magazines with those little 9mm rounds particularly the 30 round magazines. Driving home from the river was thinking of a way to make my own auto-loader. Below is what I came up with.

large view: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/jglass/AR-9/IMG_1634.jpg

Compress the stack of bullets with the auto-reloader

Insert the next round. It works really well.

I also bought an auto-loader from Amazon. com. I should get Saturday so then I can compare.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Why does the clip look all mangled up like it was cut with a dull something? I don't have any problems loading any of my clips for my SA XDs or X whatever's and clips sure don't look like that!:) Looks like a lot of work with that bolt? I would sell it and get an XD something or one of the new Es they came out with.:)

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter

jglass

LSB Member
After I posted the pictures I noticed the clips appear damaged. I have 2 clips and both look exactly the same. These magazines were extremely difficult to load. I may have damaged them by loading them by hand. They work perfectly after loaded and the bolt didn't mar the magazines, I did it. I have a 15 round and 30 round magazine and I never got them completely full until I made the autoloader. It's not problem now.

These Glock magazines are used in an 9mm AR-15 that I built last week so I didn't get a loader in the process. The UpLULA loaders look real good but I didn't hear about them until after I made my own.

Last edited:

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It sounds like they just need to be broke in. The more you use them the easier they will be to load. BANG BANG!!

jglass

LSB Member
Do these, SA, XD, X magazines fit a Glock? One magazine I have is a G19 and it is mostly plastic. I have Wilson magazines for a 1911, 45 ACP and they are outstanding magazines, they weren't cheap either. This is my first experience with 9mm and Glock components. Doing the best I can with what little I was born with. I agree the magazines need to be broke-in

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
When I get a new Glock mag,I load it up to the max,and let it sit for two weeks.
The ones that I am not using I leave loaded to half capacity. I have never had a problem with doing this and I have 4 different Glock sized mags. (31,32,33,and 20)
The UpLULA is a must have IMO. --- pruhdlr

jglass

LSB Member
Received the Glock auto-loader from Amazon. It cost $7 plus $6 to ship. I just tested it and it works very well. It has all the same features as the one I made. My only question is why don't they include an auto-loader with each magazine purchase. I'll bet it only cost 30 cents to mold that piece. They could easily give those away with each purchase of a $35 magazine. It's all about money I guess.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They provide them with each gun so seldom does a Glock owner need to buy one. Others typically buy one with their mags as it will load any double stack mag I have tried.