hog called and killed at 9 yards with a grunt tube

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
That was cool, guess I may have to try that some time. Always good seeing a video on how to do it.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I keep calling, but nothing yet, have the grunt tube and caller.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And to think them deer hunters use them hog calling tubes to call in deer, who would of thunk it?? Nice video,,,, again. BANG BANG!!

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
y'all got the videos now!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nicely done there Glenn, put a whack on that Obamahog.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great video and good to see you back and posting again.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great video Glen! Glad to see you back. I need educated! LOL

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Glen, seeing IS believing,but ........ just gotta say that I have never heard a hog make a sound exactly like the sound produced by that Hydell caller. Specifically ... the "rattle" sound. My deer grunt tubes produce more of a lower tone. None of the "rattle" like sound.

Hard to explain,however I would not really classify the sound that you were producing in the vid a "grunt". I do realize that it works,and bottom line is,if you played Michael Jackson music and the hogs responded to it that would put the hog on the ground.

I have purposely wrapped some of my calls to produce a lower tone,a deeper grunt,and to take out all the "rattle". I have called in some hogs,however I just might need to "rethink" my calling techniques and/or sound produced.

Thanks for the learning tool that you have chosen to share with us. --- pruhdlr

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well after rewatching the clip over and over again I have determined there have to be hogs withing calling distance for the grunt tube to work and the wind has to be in your favor. Yep figured that part out...lol

I have tried calling when I have not seen or heard hogs, not after they are that close already. Most of the time I am already at a feeder so i know where they are coming. What I see is that if they are shy or not coming out to shoot then the grunt tube may be able to bring them out for a shot. I got that tube so will keep trying, just have to start wearing it all the time and keep practicing the way Glenn grunts. Will get to the edge of where they bed during the day and try to call them out of the swamp. and then maybe after a shot to get them to come back in. Thanks Glenn, really educational!

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
1. if they can't hear you they wont come. We do call "blind" in areas we think may hold hogs that are hard or impossible to access without pushing the hogs away. WE very rarely call to hogs that are in the open. If I can see them I can kill them, no need for calling.
2. if they do hear you they may not come, you just never know.
3. you also have to remember that the call will sound a bit different recorded than it does live.
4. no two hogs sound alike. so the only thing you have to be sure NOT to do is the get the heck out of dodge grunt.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks Glenn as always an interesting way to get more hogs. I got this grunt tube after your recommendation and I have to say it is louder and more range than any other caller, nice tone and just too easy to use.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just truly amazing. Great job!