Headshot on Sneaking/Stalking Boar

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This was a fun video I put together from the video from 2 different Armasight Zeus thermal scopes. As the boar came in, it looked like it was stalking the raccoons at the feeder. It certainly didn't seem to be doing the normal sort of security checks hogs do when they come into an open pasture, looking around, sniffing the air, etc. Nope, this hog seemed fixated on what was going on at the feeder. I changed his mind.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice!!!! Dropped him didn't you! Good on ya plus you saved the raccoons from certain death!!!:) BANG BANG!!

Last edited:

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great video Brian!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fun Stuff! Although I would say he was probably be cautious from getting his butt whooped from a larger hog recently rather than stalking a raccoon. Lol

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... love it. Looks like he was gonna git him some greasy/stringy corn-thief meat... until... " Thus Spake Zarathustra Pingerator". Good to see Angry Bird on a mission of mercy.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You can tell a stalk when the tail is straight out and one hoof is up. LOL

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'm a naturalist/sportsman/aviator/gentleman farmer. Nice hunt. What time did you get him?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh Man I really wanted to see what he was going to do! Every dead coon is a good coon!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh Man I really wanted to see what he was going to do! Every dead coon is a good coon!
Guess B just needs to ping 'em.

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was cool. Hog must of had ringtail on the menu. That deer either has grown accustom to the ping knowing it removes hogs from competition. Either that or she was ping deaf.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shot ... and down he went.