Got some runners

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got my exercise last night. I spotted a good size sounder out in a wheat field last night about 10:00. The moon was shining bright and clear but somehow I managed to stalk in close enough for a shot. I hit one with the first shot but they all took off running to my left. I put another round in the one I had wounded and then was able to slow down another one on the run. As I followed it I lost track of the first one. The second one finally dropped or so I thought so I took off walking towards it. 300 yards later I caught up to it but she took off for another hundred yard jog. Finally anchored this 180 pound sow with babies on board. So I turned back towards the truck scanning all the way for the first hog and finally spotted it another 200 yards to my right. This turned out to be a nice boar about the same size. Finally made the walk back to the truck and it was 11:15. The two hogs had managed to run 385 yards away from each other before falling down for good. I'm just lucky this was in a wide open field instead of the brushy places I usually have to hunt in.

Hog0002x.jpg

Hog0003x.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If you were Stretch Armstrong, you could've gone both directions at once. Good killin' there.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting! Wore me out just reading about it! Way to stay with it.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs down! Hunting can also be a sport! :D