Full Moon Hunt

Bacon8tor

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Went out again this Saturday. During the Snow Moon. It was pretty overcast so I could only see the moon half the time. But when it did come out it was BRIGHT!

I watched this lone boar weave his way through the edge of the treeline and finally come out into clear view 350 yards away. Thats when I knew it was most likely a hog so I made my way over there towards him. He didn't go down easily. I hit him 4 out of 5 shots though a few of them were poorly placed. It was still early so I decided to stay out and look for more.

About 45 minutes later I came up on a sounder in the exact same spot that they got away from me last time when the cows ran in front and blocked my shot. You can see the video here. Pretty sure it was the same sounder. Took out 3 more. Looking at the video, it looks like there is just 1 adult and 4 little ones left. Hopefully they stick around the area. My wife said I need to catch one of the babies so we can keep it as a pet. We'll see!

Photo Feb 11, 7 26 51 PM.jpg Photo Feb 11, 9 00 27 PM.jpg

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hogs! I got up aroun 3am on Saturday to take a leak. I thought the motion lights were on in the front yard but it was the moon.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good work!, the sounder didn't know what to do.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice! Loved that. It's cool to watch something besides white and black hot.