Flir removes all former armasight personnel

bar-d

Head Wrangler, Chief Manure Manager: Bar-D Cattle
Good deal, at least it's headed in the right direction.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Flir Cust Serv update:

This email was actually signed by an individual. I wonder if they have a 24 hour crew there?

I actually laughed out loud on this one thanks I needed that!

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I’ve only had one issue with a FLIR product my battery died after 3 years in my scout monocular several years ago. The sucker had seen some major use it was my only thermal mono at the time and was out in the field 100 plus days a year.

Contacted FLIR for a RMA had it within 2 days good communication overall.Boxed it with a check seems like it was around $100 for new battery/return shipping. They replaced all the worn parts with new ones unit was like new again and returned it with 7 day turn around. I was very happy with the whole transaction.

I may just be lucky even ATN gave me great service twice .Heck, I’m heading down to buy a lottery ticket now LOL

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No doubt folks were cut after the transition was secured. I am sure FLIR knows exactly what they are doing, even if we don't understand it or like it. If I were to guess, I would think that either FLIR saw Armasight as a potential significant competitive threat or FLIR wanted Armasight's innovations, patents, etc. The threat is now gone and FLIR owns all the assets.

Bingo! I've seen bigger companies buy smaller companies out only to take out the competition or obtain their IP.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Flir CS update.

Emailed a follow-up request this morning to learn when I should expect to receive RMA and returning instructions. As of Tuesday morning I have not received this basic information.

If this were my only scope, I would have not waited so long to email inquiry about the RMA and would have been on the telephone however long it took until I found someone who could process this immediately.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, I needed some replacement battery cassettes for my Zeus. It took about 5 weeks. It took them 10 days to contact me after the initial automated response. I provided them with the additional information they requested and as per their request, they would contact me for the transaction. They never contacted me. Two weeks later, I contacted them, again. At that point, I finally got a response from a real person who called me and the matter was handled.

Taco

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Lol Armasight was a competitor to Flir!! They’ve been buying up everyone in the industry they could for the last 20 years. The biggest question the board asked themselves the day they bought Armasight was....what do they do again?

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The good news is the shipping label is an express label to California, not a ground delivery (five day MS to CA) label like IRD/trijicon provides.

Off to fed ex tomorrow.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've sent my thermals in twice for warranty work and neither time has FLIR cs sent me a shipping label for my Armasight Zeus thermals.
That’s weird. I did not make a special request for them to issue a shipping label prepaid. This is a flir scope. But the returning address reads Armasite attention somebody or other in San Francisco California.

Anyway I just took it to FedEx this morning to drop off and was told it’ll be there Monday morning. Flir could have received it tomorrow had I made it home in time to box it up and ship it yesterday.

It’s still better than next Thursday afternoon if it had gone ground.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Customer service update:

Just received a tracking number showing my unit is now being returned to me.

No one ever called or emailed me to tell me what they have done, so I have emailed in a request to find out what they did.

I originally returned my scope because there was a speck of dust on the sensor that created a visible distortion in the display, and I inquired about the fact that the user defined contrast settings do not hold their value between power cycles.

I have no idea if the user setting issue was addressed or not as of now. I regret not making a note of the firmware version before I shipped the unit off. Hopefully they will let me know what they did.

I will update here what the follow-up correspondence indicates.

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
“user defined contrast settings do not hold their value between power cycles”.

My Breach mono does the same thing goes back to the preset. It’s by no means a deal killer but a firmware adjustment for that would be great.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
“user defined contrast settings do not hold their value between power cycles”.

My Breach mono does the same thing goes back to the preset. It’s by no means a deal killer but a firmware adjustment for that would be great.
I’m expecting this to fixed in firmware update flir told me they were working on back on April 2. But I’ve never really gotten an answer to that series of back and forth email nearly three months ago.

I haven’t checked my Breach but was told it does the same thing. For now, black hot on “outdoor” scene setting provides me with the best image in my conditions.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It really does not sound like these scopes were quite ready for market (a seemingly recurring theme in the thermal world). That, and a bad case of white lab coat syndrome (works great in the lab, but the white lab coat guys rarely take off their coats to do actual field tests).

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It really does not sound like these scopes were quite ready for market (a seemingly recurring theme in the thermal world). That, and a bad case of white lab coat syndrome (works great in the lab, but the white lab coat guys rarely take off their coats to do actual field tests).
That’s a fact! Whoever does the field testing must not be testing it in my type of environment.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You know, I think Armasight had issues with that back early on. I know IR Defense did and so did ATN. I really had the impression that "field testing" for those folks involved stepping outside of their California offices and scanning down the street, or maybe managing to go to the local gun range. There was such a lack of testing by some companies, that they didn't even bother to verify whether or not scope zero was held between zoom levels or other adjustments. ATN had the issue with their early Thor scopes of losing zero when you turned on the video out feature. IR Defense and FLIR's Thermosight RS series moved the crosshairs between zoom levels. On whatever level you zeroed was it because none of the other levels were zeroed to the same point.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
I recall something Aaron once said about Armasight, "They don't know anything about hunting, they don't know anything about shooting, they don't know anything about manufacturing, they don't know how to run a business" ... other than that they are a great bunch of guys !!

:)