Flir PTS 233 firmware update?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Today I received an email from US CBUsupport. No text other than all the correspondence between Lana and myself. There were two attachments including a zip file and pdf.

So this process started on Sept 17, 2018
and ended today on Oct 22, 2018

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Well, I guess that's something at least.
Me, I kinda like a little bit of the personal touch. Maybe a couple of sentences of greeting or explanation.

But, maybe I'm old-fashioned …

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Today I received an email from US CBUsupport. No text other than all the correspondence between Lana and myself. There were two attachments including a zip file and pdf.

So this process started on Sept 17, 2018
and ended today on Oct 22, 2018

Wow! When I had to send my PTS back to FLIR this year I got it back in less time than it took them to send you an email.

That blows.

Bill Martin

So... I have received the PTS 233 update folder from FLIR. I copied the folder to my FLIR directory on the scope. Followed the instructions. No Joy. Scope did not send an "updating" msg nor did it update in background when restarted. So... I tried again but this time unzipped the folder in my FLIR directory first. No joy. Nothing happening. What am I missing here? Help?

rustybucket

Unzip the folder they sent you. There should be two files with a .BIN extension. Make sure you have new batteries in your scope and copy the two files to your scope's folder. When you unplug it from the computer it should start to update automatically. Some people do one file at a time but I put both on there and it updated each individually and restarted twice.

I would do a quick format of the scope's storage with the computer THEN copy your two .bin files to it. Make sure your scope is on and not in standby to do this. If it doesn't work restart it. If that doesn't work call FLIR....

Bucky d

I know it’s an old thread,
But can someone confirm the latest firmware update number?
Mine has PBMC18050441435

i emailed them and they said that they no longer send out the update files because of ITAR

elsegundo

You ain't seen nothing yet. I've been working a year to get my Zeus fixed. The closest I've gotten to a repair is an email forwarded within the company with my email address in the cc line saying "Somebody should help this guy". The ended an email string with 3 responses and never heard anything back. I'm sure the person was summarily terminated for expressing optimism.

TrentB

Does anyone have this file available to email me? FLIR CS is a joke and my 736 is lagging so much I can't hit a moving target anymore.

BrianEarle

I'm also looking for the latest firmware file. Looks like FLIR has stoped supporting all weapon sights, so they are not going to send me the file. Does anyone have it handy? Please email it to me if so. Minime9two@gmail.com