First time for her and me.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wife had never shot anything, so we were invited to a friends ranch near Junction. He wanted a few does taken off the place. Leti did awesome taking 2 of them at 90 yds with the 224V, one in the morning and one more that night. Then I had the opportunity to take my first Axis deer this morning also using the 224 Valkyrie. Did a little tractor work in exchange...good trade. Praise God for good friends, cool weather and great adventures.axis.png leti.jpg IMG_20181229_165211335_HDR.jpg

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad you got a well-deserved outing...

My congratulations to her on an outstanding first hunt, and condolences on the future unreasonable expectations.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congratulations to you both! Sounds like a good time for all!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Pretty soon, every new build will become two new builds, one in pink. Congrats to ya both!! Happy freezer soon !!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice, congrats to y’all! Freezer full!

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Dang 3 animals to clean and process, now comes the labor of love. Congrats to both of y'all.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice going to both of y’all. You will love eating that Axis.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice!

Short story that's at least slightly relevant:
Where I hunt hogs I also do some maintenance. I run the tractor and mow, trim branches along roadways, work on the machinery, etc. I was talking with one of the neighbors recently, and described the situation. They commented that their sons hunted their property (several hundred acres of mixed woods and pasture) but didn't do any maintenance, not even fence mending. They said they put a pretty high value on such activities. So, keep up the good work and may your hunting activities continue into the new year and beyond.

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats to you and your wife!