First Hog with IR Hunter MK3 60mm

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I had an IR Hunter MK2 35mm which I sent in to be upgraded to the MK3 60mm configuration. In a word, it's awesome!

I was moving from one hunting spot to another and passed by a small meadow where I rarely see hogs, but decided to fire up my thermal hand scanner and take a look as I went by. I saw some hot shapes on the far side, but wasn't sure what they were. I stopped and looked again but saw nothing. I had moved slightly downhill, so I walked back up a little ways but still saw nothing. I figured they must have been hogs because cattle wouldn't have disappeared.

I waited them out. Several minutes later I began to see them coming back. I went back to my utility vehicle and got my rifle, and the stalk was on! The wind was from right to left, so as I approached I also moved to stay more downwind.

It took some time to assemble this video, I haven't been shooting enough hogs to get proficient at it. If there seem to be some similarities between this and other videos you've seen, remember that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery …

Bacon8tor

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I agree nice vid. Bet that bullet was on the other side right under the skin. That’s where I usually find mine that don’t exit. And I always scan everywhere even if there aren’t usually hogs there.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I agree nice vid. Bet that bullet was on the other side right under the skin. That’s where I usually find mine that don’t exit. And I always scan everywhere even if there aren’t usually hogs there.
True, I often find the bullet just under the skin on the far side, but in this case I removed the opposite shoulder and it wasn't damaged. I'll be scanning this area more frequently, that's for sure!

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
6 down with a single shot!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Active factory down... well done. Looked like another "plump" one was on the run.

Bama

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Well done! Stalk and video and commentary are all first class! Keep after them and "kill'em all"!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well done sir, congrats on the upgraded thermal!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hog down! Gun malfunctions always happen at the worst time!!