Finally hunted my own property

desmond

"runnin' with sasquatch"
Owned 123 acres for almost 30 years, mix of woods, pasture and farmland. Long story, but have never actually hunted it. Saturday morning I said I am going over and see what happens. 6 am on my ATV riding through pasture in the tall grass I get a family up and they take off into the woods. I shut down and go after them. In the woods I can see them so I hunker down behind a tree and see one walking between the trees about 50-75 feet away. I get a so so shot, take it, hit her, she runs hobbles off. I can hear some screaming so I turn the volume of my Walkers up and it leads me to her about 50 feet away. After some pictures I walk the tree line and within a few minutes a pig comes out of the brush and stops, not sure if she saw me and froze (that has never happened) or just did not see me. Anyway, she was maybe 25 feet away and I said to myself "you are going down". I dropped her in her tracks. And the night before on another property I finally got a juvenile at my new feeder I just setup. The feeder attracts lots of pigs, but the cows have messed up every night I have been there. I swore I would not move it until I got one.Lewisfeederpig2.JPG Lewisfeederpig3.JPG CurtisPig4.JPG CurtisPig2.JPG CurtisPig3.JPG CurtisPig5.JPG CurtisPig6.JPG

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice going, good photos!
We like pictures …

Keep After 'Em!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Satisfaction... plain and simple. Nice kill

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job! Nice to put pigs down . Glad you got them on your own place!

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice job!

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
New face in town...

FD6296C9-45AF-41DF-88F6-46EFD2F600B1.jpeg

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB